Unwilling Indonesia AI

Callonia

Deity
Indonesia AI in my games tend to never colonize the islands to bring three new luxuries into the world through his spice islands ability. SO I've been thinking of this, if I was to colonize the islands and then gift them to Indonesia will they become the spice islands or not?

Just to be clear, are you asking if you colonize islands as another Civ (not Indonesia), will you be able to get the unique luxirues that Indonesia get?

Just to be clear, are you asking if you colonize islands as another Civ (not Indonesia), will you be able to get the unique luxirues that Indonesia get?
No, he''s asking if you settle a city and giift that settled city to Indonesia, will that city get Nutmeg, etc.

Pretty sure this isn't the case as I've conquered cities on other landmasses as Indonesia before getting all 3 unique luxes and the conquered cites didn't get them.

Re: OP - I think the problem is more that the AI is hesitant to settle different landmasses, which is particularly restrictive on Indonesia. Often times on archipelago maps, I find that the AI settles the only two locations on his landmass that the city placement rules allows for, and then delays for a long time after they have optics.

Ironically in my last game with Indonesia he settled a 1 tile "island" 1 tile off the main landmass and got the bonus. Was a terrible city.

Pretty sure the city has to be settled by Indonesia with his settler. However, you can speed it up by gifting them your city founded on another continent. Then can they build settler in that new city and settle a city themselves close by which will have the new luxury. However iirc it also increases your science/Sp cost, so you might have to plant another city to cancel the increased cost.

Ah blast it okay thanks! Seems like the three spice islands will never come into being because the Map I'm playing on is basically a mixture of pangaea + continents.

Ironically in my last game with Indonesia he settled a 1 tile "island" 1 tile off the main landmass and got the bonus. Was a terrible city.

If a HUMAN had built it yes, but remember the AI plays on "AI Default Handicap level" which features happiness bonuses on top of additional bonuses from whichever level the human is playing at. If the human is on Immortal or above, 1 tile islands with 2 fish would be extremely profitable to the AI even without the luxury.

Indonesian AI is aware of its 2X luxury it will get, which pretty much brings any tile above the threshold it was looking for.

Top Bottom