"Pangaea Plus"???

jmick175

Chieftain
I saw an LP a couple of days ago that had a much larger selection of map types than I do. Maps like "Pangaea Plus" were in the list. Are these from some DLC that I don't have, is it from patch that didn't get installed right for some reason, or is it from a mod?

It was from the Explorers Map Pack that was released on 3/3/11.

If I am right you can get a cheaper price if you buy the denmark DLC with it its like a bonus package:

explorer map pack denmark senario and civilization in one

Yes, it's available in a bundle with Denmark.

And if you're not in a hurry you can wait until they are for sale for say 50% off.
(Quite sure you can expect that in the holiday season :) )

It are 5 maps and 5 scripts:
* Amazon ("similar Amazon or South America with random elements")
* Bering Strait
* British Isles
* Carribean
* Continents Plus ("similar to continents, but with expanded scripting for chains of islands and city state placement")
* Eastern United States
* Great Plains ("similar to the great plains of north America but with random elements")
* Japanese Mainland
* Pangaea Plus ("similar to pangaea, but with expanded scripting for chains of islands and city state placement")
* Sandstorm ("A harsh world comprised primarily of desert")

See here for some examples of the scripts: http://wiki.2kgames.com/civ5/index.php/Advanced_Setup_Map_Generators#Explorer.27s_Map_Pack_DLC

Sandstorm is a pretty fun map. I like to couple that with sparse resources to make things interesting.

I just bought the denmark and map pack. Pangaea plus is still called pangaea??? I notice my pangaea map is better created. Not that junk before where it was so unbalanced for a few civs.

I just bought the denmark and map pack. Pangaea plus is still called pangaea??? I notice my pangaea map is better created. Not that junk before where it was so unbalanced for a few civs.
You need to select the map in advanced settings.
There should be a pangaea ánd pangaea plus :)

The plus maps are certainly better than the originals if you ask me. I also like the sandstorm map although it gets old quickly.

All I need now is a Terra plus. Give me a new world actually worth settling!

Yeah, these maps are probably the best DLC we have received so far. One thing I have noticed though is that the "plus" maps (especially continents plus) will slightly change some of the "standard" strategies, due to (much better IMHO) City state placement. You probably wont be able to ally yourself with a cultural CS quite so early anymore . . .

Yeah, these maps are probably the best DLC we have received so far. One thing I have noticed though is that the "plus" maps (especially continents plus) will slightly change some of the "standard" strategies, due to to (much better IMHO) City state placement. You probably wont be able to ally yourself with a cultural CS quite so early anymore . . .

True, and capturing CS is much less useful since they're on small islands most of the time and are hard to get to.

Building a ship early can earn you alot of gold by being the first to find the CS. This is good because it makes the naval aspect more important on pangea, but suck if you start away from he shore, you're probably not gonna meet CS for a long time. Then again, coastal civs deserved a boost on pangea.

I have seen a lot of pangeaplus games on multiplayer lately, so bought the Explorer's Pack I decided to give it a try. First game was random civs I rolled Dutch WITHOUT coast, without marsh, without flood plains - other cities could get to the coast, but there was no marsh or flood plains anywhere. MASSIVE FAIL. :sad:

In my eyes pangaea plus it the worse version of usual pangaea

The other guys in MP said that pangeaplus is more balanced, because the starts are more fair, the CS are placed more appropriately, and there are a lot of islands off the coast where many CS are (giving more incentive to get sailing and explore.) What also do you think makes it worse Quitzz?

Pangea plus gives more space But city states becomes mere voting tools and its hard to incorporate them militarily

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Played OCC Inca in pangaea plus yesterday, and I didn't get a coastal start... Needless to say I was broke for the entire game..

Top Bottom