AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

45°38'N-13°47'E;13466845 said:
Then I'm almost sure that was the problem. It won't happen in new games.

I don't think so. If that was the case, buck_beach would never gain XP and would not be able to assign new field commanders.

I don't think so. If that was the case, buck_beach would never gain XP and would not be able to assign new field commanders.
Mmm, you might be right, I didn't consider that sometimes his GG are working as intended. But I've never encountered that problem and I always use Field Commanders.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13466890 said:
Mmm, you might be right, I didn't consider that sometimes his GG are working as intended. But I've never encountered that problem and I always use Field Commanders.

I'll look at his save tomorrow and see what I can do. I am busy today.

Not necessarily a bug, but something that should probably be changed; both Richelieu and Joan of Arc have the same leader traits and are both French leaders, making them entirely redundant, and it's a combo that a few other leaders have as well.

Playing upgrade 823 (may not be this upgrade issue) and I have a captured city with a population of 8 that is showing unhealthy. In the city screen it shows 6 health factors and 11 unhealthy resulting in a minus 5 sick. Closer look reflects 3 of the 11 sick due to buildings with the remaining 8 from city population. That means the entire city is sick????

Don't have enough room left in my attachments for a Save now but will post one when my other Save (Field Commanders) is reviewed.

Buck

Just noticed that all of my cities has unhealthy pop equal to city size. Must be the normal calculation.

Playing upgrade 823 (may not be this upgrade issue) and I have a captured city with a population of 8 that is showing unhealthy. In the city screen it shows 6 health factors and 11 unhealthy resulting in a minus 5 sick. Closer look reflects 3 of the 11 sick due to buildings with the remaining 8 from city population. That means the entire city is sick????

Don't have enough room left in my attachments for a Save now but will post one when my other Save (Field Commanders) is reviewed.

Buck

You are aware that every population point contributes to +1 unhealthiness, right? This is a standard BTS mechanic. I feel silly pointing this out, but maybe you just never played the official version of the game?

Yep, posts crossed in transit. Maybe just didn't look close enough:blush:

One thing relating to Unhealth that was present in Standard BTS that AND had dropped was the +:yuck: for every Jungle tile in the city vicinity. Makes Jungle starts easier but... I kind of am more partial to them producing unhealth. It'd have to make you think "How many of these should I keep for Jungle Camps, and how many should I cut down?"

I was just playing a standard BTS game last night on my desktop while playing my Huge/Epic AND game on my laptop (Would be playing on the former while waiting for my turns to process on the latter) and I started on a small'ish island with Germany. Frederick got the plains/desert region to the north, and I got thrust in a huuuuge stretch of JUNGLE. Most of my cities wouldn't grow past size 3 (Except for the capitol which had some breathing room, and my second city which had a Fish resource nearby) This wasn't the best of situations, and in fact I was the slowest to grow initially, but once I got past the jungle and had some slavery-assisted production going, I started catching up a bit.

On the other hand, in AND you woudln't be slowed down by those jungles at all, and would just JungleCamp all over them and rush on forward.

I don't mind the Jungle Camps, actually kind of like 'em. But I don't much like the perfectly healthy jungles themselves :p

Not necessarily a bug, but something that should probably be changed; both Richelieu and Joan of Arc have the same leader traits and are both French leaders, making them entirely redundant, and it's a combo that a few other leaders have as well.

I think Richelieu is a good candidate for being Charismatic/Deceiver; even though he was a cardinal, I wouldn't consider him all that spiritual and Joan definitely deserves the trait more.

Armand Jean du Plessis, Cardinal-Duc de Richelieu, was probably more spiritual than Cesare Borgia, but Charismatic/Deciever sounds like a good fit, I agree. :)

Is it me or AI isn't interested in Alphabet anymore?
Screenshot
It's a bit strange that after 25% of the game, turn 147/600, only 2 civs (me and Portugal) have researched Alphabet. This is also making other AI civs fall behind a lot because they can't trade techs!
Anyone else seeing this?

45°38'N-13°47'E;13469650 said:
Is it me or AI isn't interested in Alphabet anymore?
Screenshot
It's a bit strange that after 25% of the game, turn 147/600, only 2 civs (me and Portugal) have researched Alphabet. This is also making other AI civs fall behind a lot because they can't trade techs!
Anyone else seeing this?

Upload your BBAI.log file, not just screenshots.

I think I've found a bug, or an unintended feature.

When you research Leadership, and enable Garrisons, it "Replaces the Archery range" OK not a problem, but it doesn't give experience to Archery units.

They have gone from a situation of +3 Experience with Archery range, to Zero experience, with a garrison.

Archery ranges dont' obsolete till Rifling,

Now in New cities, I can't build an Archery range, only a Garrison, for no additional experience for Archery units.

Archery ranges have been 'obsoleted' by the Garrison, but I can't build Arquebusiers till matchlock, so I now have a unit, with no additional expeience, apart from settled Great Generals, that doesn't obsolete till rifling.

Archery units upgrade to Arquebusiers

*Edit*

Melee units don't gain expeince from a Garrison either, and Garrison has obsoleted the Barracks

So what's the solution??

1) Obsolete Archery ranges at Matchlock, and remove replacement from Garrisons.

2)(i) Melee units to gain experience from Garrisons as well, +3 same as Barracks.
2)(ii) Reduce both Garrison and Barracks to +2 for Melee units, as Gunpowder only gain +2, but as more powerful, seems a good trade off.

Simples *Scheech*

I think I've found a bug, or an unintended feature.

When you research Leadership, and enable Garrisons, it "Replaces the Archery range" OK not a problem, but it doesn't give experience to Archery units.

They have gone from a situation of +3 Experience with Archery range, to Zero experience, with a garrison.

Archery ranges dont' obsolete till Rifling,

Now in New cities, I can't build an Archery range, only a Garrison, for no additional experience for Archery units.

Archery ranges have been 'obsoleted' by the Garrison, but I can't build Arquebusiers till matchlock, so I now have a unit, with no additional expeience, apart from settled Great Generals, that doesn't obsolete till rifling.

Archery units upgrade to Arquebusiers

*Edit*

Melee units don't gain expeince from a Garrison either, and Garrison has obsoleted the Barracks

So what's the solution??

1) Obsolete Archery ranges at Matchlock, and remove replacement from Garrisons.

2)(i) Melee units to gain experience from Garrisons as well, +3 same as Barracks.
2)(ii) Reduce both Garrison and Barracks to +2 for Melee units, as Gunpowder only gain +2, but as more powerful, seems a good trade off.

Simples *Scheech*

An issue that seems to be related to this is the effect building a Garrison has on mounted units. As the barracks gives experience to mounted but garrison does not, throughout the "gunpowder but not tanks" ages you need to separate your military cities into infantry (have garrison) and cavalry (have barracks and knights stable). Artilery can be build in either but are better with garrison as they have any extra 20% for land units. I do not know if this is intentional, if not I guess it could be easily fixed by adding +2 exp for mounted to garrison.

I've loaded a saved game with the mod installed, and the ALT + CTRL + O message keeps flashing in the bottom, turn after turn, without cease. It won't go away and is a huge distraction.

How do we turn this message off?

Also the version number says rev 825 but below that it says build 823 (game saved from build 823). Is the game running with the latest revisions and is the update correctly installed?

Check through the latter tabs of the BUG menu. There should be a box you can tick to turn off the message.

Rev.825 is the current revision, yes.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13470063 said:
Here you go, savegame+BBAI log
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvc2ys658ew61ga/r825-test-03 AD-0050.CivBeyondSwordSave?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pkhcxl2banle28j/BBAI.log?dl=0

Turn 150/600 5 civs over 16 have Alphabet; 10 turns earlier only 3 over 15 civs.

I've had a look at the logs but not at the code and I see that Alphabet has always small values in comparison to other techs that AI can consider to research. Is there something wrong with the code or just with the tech? I mean, can we fix it by simply increasing tech value or should AI evaluate better that tech and it's simply underestimating it because AI can't understand its use?

Top Bottom