A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help. Every time I try to load the game itself, it works fine. Then, once the map loads, there are no buttons to push. There is no interface, just the map and the warriors. Has anyone else experienced this? I didn't know where else to put this.
Also please remove every other version of Rise of Mankind. This is a typical problem for those who have both the old Rise of Mankind and Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn installed in their mods folder.

So only AND? And yes I use every other mod that need 3.19.

Thank you a bunch. Ill try that when I get home.

It works perfectly. Thank you very much!

I've had the same problem with other mods. I ended up having to get rid of BUG and it fixed it entirely.

I wonder if this is why I have the same no interface issue with Dales Combat Mod?. Because AND includes some of DCM programming I believe.

I highly doubt it. A missing interface is due to a python error of some sort. Any severe python error at startup will cause a missing interface. The codebase is so vast, so there are an infinite number of problems that could cause a severe python error at startup.

The fact that you have seen it with other mods is unsurprising. As I said, the codebase is vast, and errors are easy to create. But that does not mean the errors are related - no, instead you have committed the classic correlation is not causation fallacy. Just because both mods seem to have the same error, does not mean it's related at all. In fact, the chances of the error being related is approximately 0%.

Mr Afforess first of all I know you must be getting pretty tired of putting out fires. I hope we don't lose you again. I appreciated all that you do. On to the latest issue.

I found where I errored. I let my upgrade just overwrite my previous AND file instead of deleting the old before installing. Sorry
Buck

Well dang it all. I suppose I will never get to play that mod even though the author (current) suggests trying the SVN I can only find a dead svn link.

Normal users should use the main download link.

Yes I used is in its previous form and found the alternative method of use after it was broken.

Buck

Hmm. The city build list for the domestic adviser was fixed in Rev817. Since then there have been no changes to the relevant code. I will try to replicate tonight, but initially this appears puzzling.

In addition, before Rev 817, the domestic adviser click-to-city was broken since the introduction of viewports. I am not sure how anyone was using it before, since its been broken so long.

I encountered the same problem. When I click on a city within the Domestic Advisor Screen (<F1>), it automatically goes to a unit within that city instead of displaying the city build queue in the bottom left hand portion of the screen. It also prevents me from highlighting several cities and changing the production. This happens midway through the game (When I load a previous save, it works well until I reach a certain point) Please advise.

I encountered the same problem. When I click on a city within the Domestic Advisor Screen (<F1>), it automatically goes to a unit within that city instead of displaying the city build queue in the bottom left hand portion of the screen. It also prevents me from highlighting several cities and changing the production. This happens midway through the game (When I load a previous save, it works well until I reach a certain point) Please advise.

Please tell us your current revision (which can be seen by hovering over the flag in game) and upload a save that has the problem.

Please tell us your current revision (which can be seen by hovering over the flag in game) and upload a save that has the problem.

Beyond the Sword 3.19
Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn 2.2 beta 2 (rev815)
BULL 1.3 Build 2.19
A New Dawn Build 815 (game saved from build 815)
Rise of Mankind v 2.92
Revolution DCM v2.80 pre-release
Better BTS AI v1.01b
Unofficial 3.19 patch v1.50+

Thanks for the assistance. BTW: Awesome Mod

Beyond the Sword 3.19
Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn 2.2 beta 2 (rev815)
BULL 1.3 Build 2.19
A New Dawn Build 815 (game saved from build 815)
Rise of Mankind v 2.92
Revolution DCM v2.80 pre-release
Better BTS AI v1.01b
Unofficial 3.19 patch v1.50+

Thanks for the assistance. BTW: Awesome Mod

The bug was fixed in Revision 818. Download the latest version of the mod (from the main download page) and install. You should be able to continue your games and the problem will be fixed.

Seems to me that airfield and airport buildings don't give experience.Civilizopedia description says for airfield gives experience and logic also says so, but in civilizopedia summary or in city it is not shown.
I can't remember how to check AND version, but I downloaded it 22.9.

Seems to me that airfield and airport buildings don't give experience.Civilizopedia description says for airfield gives experience and logic also says so, but in civilizopedia summary or in city it is not shown.
I can't remember how to check AND version, but I downloaded it 22.9.

We have a lot of Civilopedia text that hasn't been fixed, and we probably won't fix it until we have everything else taken care of, so I really wouldn't go by Civilopedia text. Airfield and Airport are not supposed to give XP for air units. They do give increased air unit capacity (as the structures are usable for military units) but if you want XP, you have to build the military air buildings (Military Airbase/Aerospace Complex and Flight Simulator/Holographic Flight Simulator).

We have a lot of Civilopedia text that hasn't been fixed, and we probably won't fix it until we have everything else taken care of, so I really wouldn't go by Civilopedia text. Airfield and Airport are not supposed to give XP for air units. They do give increased air unit capacity (as the structures are usable for military units) but if you want XP, you have to build the military air buildings (Military Airbase/Aerospace Complex and Flight Simulator/Holographic Flight Simulator).

Speaking of Airports and Civilopedia, has there been a new max range for airlifts not included in the Civilopedia text? Seems I am limited to 18 or 19 tiles. Currently running 828 but not sure if it an issue for this update.

BTW I like the limitation!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom