Fair play Brazil

sherbz

Deity
Just lost the game to Brazil who blitzed the game with culture. Ive never seen a run away AI before in culture the way Brazil was here. I should have prepared for war earlier. It was too late by the time i started to get ready. Sigh :blush:

Spoiler :

I always die a little inside when I aim for a cultural victory only to find Brazil on the map. They are the masters of the Samba!! Quick question though, did you not check the Culture Overview a little earlier to see the warning signs?

actually you should see that coming and either kill Brazil or focus culture. However, I agree that AI CW before turn 300 is unusual.

Yes i did check the culture screen. I had poor production though and it was taking ages to build units. I was teching ok, but caught unawares at how quickly the AI was turning opponents. 288 tourism a turn is pretty incredible, especially as he probably didnt have hotels at that time. Literally every tourism wonder he had built though. I was about 10 - 15 turns away from DOWing. In retrospect i should not have settled 2 more cities from my original 3 and just take his instead.

Incredible win by Brazil, but just note that your cities especially capital are tiny by turn 284 therefore limiting your science potential.

Recently I had a game where France build almost every wonder, full rationalism, got Internet around turn 220 and was pumping nearly 800 tourism after he conquered his entire continent including all capitals on his continent. I would've lost CV if I didn't conquer my own continent to get enough culture to match his tourism. He even built the Great Firewall so that the only way out would be to conquer his cities.

That's a pretty impressive AI win, especially with Ethiopia, Polynesia and Songhai in the game.

Wow, that is quite the snowball for an AI, what difficulty was this? Also, you should probably kill Brazil asap, they will snowball culture late game.

Brazil is an awesome neighbor. Be friends for the whole early game, let him get every wonder and stockpile great works then as soon as u get artillery just take his cities.

Wow, that is quite the snowball for an AI, what difficulty was this? Also, you should probably kill Brazil asap, they will snowball culture late game.

Maybe should have mentioned this in the OP. Difficulty level is immortal.

I was looking forward to the war, as capturing rio would have netted me about half the wonders in the game. Ahh well. I was impressed though with the AI. For the first time in ages it seemed that the AI was mercilessly pursuing a single victory type. It reminded me of the culture push in Civ 4.

Top Bottom