Who what why

Huh? Is this a wind-up? How can you go for a Dom victory without any fighting?
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your question is serious: The capitals will all be coastal on such a map, so build warships (frigates and privateers) and attack/capture them.

You can't cap city's with ships :(
So I needed help

You can't cap city's with ships :(
So I needed help

If you're playing Vanilla, 1) this is true, 2) use an embarked unit to capture the city, and 3) upgrade to at least G&K ASAP. It's that much better.

If you're playing G&K or BNW, just use a melee ship (Triremes/Caravels/Privateers/Destroyers/etc.) to capture the city.

As for the original question, Who: Almost anyone except India (hate being funneled into a playstyle)
Difficulty: Deity usually, Immortal if going for culture, since it's nigh-impossible on Deity
Why: I like my games different. Playing as the same few civs gets repetitive pretty quickly.

who: still some civ left to play for me (to often i go back to certain civ) but i'll never play anymore with shonghai (gived a chance but.. started new game after few turns with other civ.. just no flavour with songhai) and denmark (din't play so far and probably i won't play them).

what: king.. and i should go up.. last time i almost win 1 vs 3 on king, just lost with diplo..

why: i love this game..:)

who: My faves are Poland, Germany, Sweden and England.
What: Prince or King, Random or Shuffle (if I get Archipelago, I usually restart.)
Why: I just have fun playing as them. I miss the old France though....

Who: Anyone I havent played yet- a lot of boring bad vanilla civs that im trying to play and civs that are fine tuned for war like Zulu.

What- Prince, although I can win on King and Emporer unreliably. Small Continents.

Why- Most balanced, want to try out everyone. 275 hrs.

Polynesia
Deity (once I've beaten deity, going back feels weird... the map just seems so empty early game)
(I love the UA too much that when I play as other civs I get frustrated when my scout gets blocked lol... food ships passing through oceans early game very nice for growing... clumps of moais for CV and to ensure that your extra cities don't make you lag behind socially, as well as give nascent cities quick border expansion, and the ability to expand to islands and explore oceans waaaaaaay before anyone else)

Who: Mongols, Huns, Ottomans
What: King. I tried a few games on Emperor but they built wonders too fast. so, I returned to King.
Why: I love those factions and getting more fun when I play as one of them.

Who do you play as
What difficulty
Why that character and difficulty

I am having trouble getting past warlord :(
So just wanted to see where everyone else is :)

Still some good questions offered here.

I am hopping between emperor and immortal and I am indeed convinced that this is the biggest difficulty jump. I feel like I have also reached a stage where I intend to play more multiplayer than single player. I prefer playing all kinds of civs in SP to try and get achievements to inform me that I've played that civ successfully and to further diversify my understanding of each civ. It is very important to do this in order to dispel the prejudicial view of judging civs based on their UA on paper. Portugal is a good example of this, because although the UA looks rather dull, this UA actually enables you to have really profitable trade routes, with individual sea trade routes offering as much as 46gpt. In MP, the Shoshone are an awesome civ to play as, because each ruin gives you a big boost (NB: If you have 2 scouts and you touch 2 ruins at the same time, usually due to lag, you lose the effects of 1 ruin). You also have a small turtle bonus in case you encounter aggressive players.

As for OP's difficulty with warlord, it's all a matter of basics: consolidate the beakers per turn, build wonders that you need (don't ignore them), do lots of research here in CFC and also on steam guides, set a plan as soon as the game begins and have confidence and fun. You don't have to settle where you start but it is recommended that you settle down as soon as possible.

Another important thing to note is that this game has a balanced AI between good and fun. Good AI provides you with a challenge. Fun AI...rather self explanatory, provides you with lots of fun so you can enjoy playing and winning the game. Take advantage of all the tricks in the game to be the best. One example of a trick is to bribe AI civs to fight each other. It becomes very easy early in the game, especially if you have spare luxury resources, but be careful not to inadvertently create a runaway civ.

Also, keep an eye out for patch updates. They can change the game drastically. The most recent patch is a perfect example, as culture victories are now much easier, whilst diplomatic and science victories are 25% and 100% harder respectively.

Who do you play as
What difficulty
Why that character and difficulty

I am having trouble getting past warlord :(
So just wanted to see where everyone else is :)

I play G&K
1. England most frequently, also China and Greece quite often
2. King. Just playing second game on Emperor and it's looking good...
3. I love playing as England for several reasons: The music is great (both peace and war), the civ lends itself well to naval-based warfare and dom victories, and the UUs come into play at the right stage of the game for me.

I play at random leaders on Immortal. Random leaders are a good choice when you're comfortable at a level as they give you an opportunity to try a wide range of challenges and teach you how to play what you're given rather than decide how you're going to win beofre the game starts. Once I've had a few more wins honing my skills on Immortal I plan to step back up to Diety (where I've won once and lost a million times). I'm aiming to try winning as a top-tier Civ on Diety a few times then move on from then.

I tend to play smaller maps because I get really bored with epic battles on the larger maps.

90% of my games I play as Germany on settler difficulty, because I like Germany and I like it easy :)

I play exclusively on deity in Civ Rev, if that counts for anything :D

If you already know how to play civ and you like it very easy you should play on chieftain because chieftain is the same as settler and the only difference is that there are no annoying advisor tips on chieftain.

If you already know how to play civ and you like it very easy you should play on chieftain because chieftain is the same as settler and the only difference is that there are no annoying advisor tips on chieftain.

Eh it's more of a "always have" thing. I only play the higher difficulties for the achievements.

I'm playing on King. It's given me a challenge, but I can beat it on a decent map.
I play various nations as I like thematic games, such as all ancients, all science mongers, all sea powers, etc.

Top Bottom