Resource icon

Cultural Diversity

Ummm... Isn't Skaz881 a user? Why does he have an event?

Thanks for an awesome update. The music problem is fixed your advance splash screens still don't show up however. But worse, the tooltip ( The location is over the city shows the name of what is being built, etc. ) for cities has vanished. Both of these problems will remain even if I close down all other mods.

Sorry! I was working on an experimental version of a different idea which replaced the CityBanner. It seems I'd forgotten to remove that (EUI users wouldn't have noticed a problem). Updating now (sorry for my terribly slow internet :p).

The update also fixes the splash screen issue, as well as a minor issue with the wrong icons being used for the culture groups.

I have found that some moded Civs given a bug that everyone gets the group Colonial but gets nothing from the mod. trying right now to identify which civs it is. Do you want me tell you what Civs that creates the problem, or it is on their side?

Civs like that don't have support for Cultural Diversity (the fallback is Colonial, so that nothing breaks too severely). If the mod author is still around, it would be best to prompt them to add support. But if they're no longer active, I can add support in manually, in which case: yes, please report any civs that are Colonial which shouldn't be.

First what I mean is that ALL Civs get that problem if the mod is on. Secondly, I had not this problem before the update. For the moment, I have only found Finland (Mannerheim)(Hypereon) That Creates this problems, but I have not finished checking through the list yet. I Notifies if I find any more

Then it'll be a mod that has support for Cultural Diversity but did not add a reference to it. This should be brought to the attention of the mod author, as I can't do anything about it.

First what I mean is that ALL Civs get that problem if the mod is on. Secondly, I had not this problem before the update. For the moment, I have only found Finland (Mannerheim)(Hypereon) That Creates this problems, but I have not finished checking through the list yet. I Notifies if I find any more

Yeah, I'm getting this issue as well, without Hypereon's Finland. For most civs, the starting popup doesn't display and they get no specific soundtrack/ bonus. For some reason civs that should be in the Sahul group, and some of the Southern (Only tested Milan and Tuscany) did get the popups, bonuses etc. however these were of the colonial variety.

Would any logs help with this - I had no such issue prior to the patch.

Database log would substantiate whether it was the issue I described above. Failing that, the Lua log might help. So yeah, try both. However, I do believe it'll be a mod (though not necessarily any single one) - as certainly I have no issues with just CulDiv.

Is the new version of CulDiv compatible with old saves?

And, I am a bit confuess about the "Northern" culture. Why Denmark, Norway are "Northern" culture while Sweden, Denmark-Norway, Sweden-Norway are "Western" culture? Robert's Scotland is "Northern" culture while James' Scotland are "Western" culture? Bismark's Germnay is "Central" culture while The Germans (Arminius) is "Northern" culture?

Is the new version of CulDiv compatible with old saves?

And, I am a bit confuess about the "Northern" culture. Why Denmark, Norway are "Northern" culture while Sweden, Denmark-Norway, Sweden-Norway are "Western" culture? Robert's Scotland is "Northern" culture while James' Scotland are "Western" culture? Bismark's Germnay is "Central" culture while The Germans (Arminius) is "Northern" culture?

I don't know, myself.

Contrary to the names, the groups are mostly discursive of some kind of social-political (Islamic/Oriental/Bharata/Mandala/Steppe (conceptually Nomadic)/Tribal-American), ethnic (Bantu), geographic (Andean/Mesoamerican/Oceanic/West-African/Sahul), chronological (Classical/Colonial), or combinational (Western/Eastern/Northern/Central/Southern) similarity. In the case of the combinational Europeans, it is a blend of socio-political structure and geography (every civ before Hobbe's conception of sovereignty I consider Northern (i.e. less political theory that determines their politics, more political efficacy), after, either Western or Central, depending upon their political and geographical scope).

It is runcibly arbitrary and intuitively incomprehensible :p Armenia and Byzantium are particular headcases.

Alright, here are both the database logs and the Lua ones. If these are not helpful, I'll try and find which mod(s) cause the issue and report back.

This:

Code:
table Civilization_JFD_CultureTypes has no column named ArtDefineTag

tells me that the problem is, indeed, one of your mods doesn't correctly reference Cultural Diversity. However, it's impossible for me to tell which, specifically. As a quick and only sometimes effective workaround, always load (select in the mod menu) CulDiv before any other mods.

Incidentally, how is everyone (who has the mod working) finding the dialogue component? If you find the dialogue too frequent/not frequent enough, you may adjust the rate in the user settings file.

Just started a gme with vanila Poland... The unit dialogues were English, and my city got a WLtKD.

LUA log showed this:

[4683.493] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Roman\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\CulDiv\Lua/JFD_CulDiv_Functions.lua:52: bad argument #2 to '?' (Key must be of type 'number' or 'string'.)

Is it a feature for Civilizations of similar Culture Types to spawn near each other at the start of the game? I just had a delightful game as the Xia China, with both Korea and Meiji's Japan spawning nearby. If it isn't a feature, could it be? Oriental spawning near Oceanic and such? (Although I guess that can remove the random element and the fun of alt history :p)

Sadly not, and I'm not sure I want to take on that monumental task yet (Gedemon has a mod using the basic idea, but pulling from the four types already in-game (Mid-East, American, European, Asian), but the code is quite frightening)

Sounds like a project for several good coders to collaborate on :p

Also, with the new version of CD, I find that the starting bonus only pops up half the time. Sometimes it just never says anything and then I start with +1 pop or something along those lines. (Apologies for all these bug spams of late).

Yeah, I'm getting this too.
I'm also sorry for the spam... :p

Top Bottom