Add an option to turn ON/OFF any civilization and religion

tebriz

Warlord
I think there should be an option to allow players to select civilizations and religions they want to have in game. Something like a list from where player can check ON/OFF civs/religions he wants in game.
For example if I don't want Yoruba religion, I just turn it off from list and Yoruba will be removed from everywhere in game (civilopedia, tech tree etc).
Will it be complicated to introduce such an option?

P.S. The mod is awesome, but sometimes it seems too sophisticated in terms of available religions and civilizations. Some players may prefer to play with fewer number of religions/civs (most important ones) and this option can really help. There will be no need to manually delete everything related to these civs/religions.

I'd like lots of options for things, including religions, excess techs and so on. Unfortunately, I think it requires some sophisticated Python work. :(

You can already go into "Custom Game" under "Single Player" when starting a game and choose which civilizations you want in the game, no?

Some of the Fall from Heaven modmods do this kind of thing.

Rise from Erebus, in addition to being able to choose the civs, also has a "Restrict Random Civilizations" option under "Custom Game," allowing you to block certain civs from being in the game, so if the team wants to emulate that they can take a look.

Also, I think it was Wildmana and its successor, Master of Mana, that had options under "Custom Game" to block particular religions from being in the game.

I should be clear that I'm fine with all civs and religions potentially being in the game, since I really like what this mod has done with the "create your own civ" concept. But if the team decides they want to incorporate these kinds of options, they can take a look at what's already been done rather than starting from scratch.

I should be clear that I'm fine with all civs and religions potentially being in the game, since I really like what this mod has done with the "create your own civ" concept. But if the team decides they want to incorporate these kinds of options, they can take a look at what's already been done rather than starting from scratch.

Thanks for hints :)

Rise from Erebus, in addition to being able to choose the civs, also has a "Restrict Random Civilizations" option under "Custom Game," allowing you to block certain civs from being in the game, so if the team wants to emulate that they can take a look.

Also, I think it was Wildmana and its successor, Master of Mana, that had options under "Custom Game" to block particular religions from being in the game.

Sorry for a naive question, but can I merge these features to C2C by myself? Or is it a complicated staff?

Pretty complicated I'd think. Depends on how much modding skill you already possess. If that's nothing so far then it's probably quite a challenge. I myself would have to deeply research what they did there (though could probably come up with something of my own just as quickly - but even that would not be an overnight procedure - that's some tricky stuff.)

Pretty complicated I'd think. Depends on how much modding skill you already possess. If that's nothing so far then it's probably quite a challenge. I myself would have to deeply research what they did there (though could probably come up with something of my own just as quickly - but even that would not be an overnight procedure - that's some tricky stuff.)

Wow! Thank you very much for giving a try :)
I think it will be a very useful option for everyone playing this mod.

Well... all I can say is I can see some value in the suggestion - but at the moment we've got some real bonfires to put out in the mod at the moment so those kinds of refinements will have to wait for a very long time.

My mistake, it wasn't Wildmana, but Fall Further that had the option to Remove particular religions under "Custom Game."

It can be done in Python since that provides the UI. It can be done in XML if the World of Civilization (WoC) standard for XMl is used. Either way it requires someone to work on it and structuring the XML so that it does work.

Top Bottom