India

As far as I know the math goes like this: On a pop 9 city the regular civ has a -4 hit for founding a city plus -8 for population = -12 (Population 1 is free). For Gandhi a 9 pop city would have -8 for founding a city plus -4 for population = -12. This makes a pop 9 city the break even point on prince. This means the city taken would have to be pop 18 or higher before capture. I am not sure where you got pop 6 being the break even point from.

regular civ: -4 founding + -5 for pop = -9 on a pop 6 city
Gandhi: -8 founding + -3 for pop = -11 on a pop 6 city.

If my numbers are wrong it's due to a game concept being wrong and definitely not math.
Since city is captured it's safe to assume area around it is improved which will provide fast growth to city and it will become "profitable" with happiness. Only Ghandi's cities can be profitable with happiness. Besides if it's not stone age Ghandi's own cities undoubtfully will be larger that 8, it's Ghandi after all so the excess of happiness will cover those pathetic -4 extra and less happiness for new city.

Since city is captured it's safe to assume area around it is improved which will provide fast growth to city and it will become "profitable" with happiness. Only Ghandi's cities can be profitable with happiness. Besides if it's not stone age Ghandi's own cities undoubtfully will be larger that 8, it's Ghandi after all so the excess of happiness will cover those pathetic -4 extra and less happiness for new city.

yes and i m 12 feet tall and can dunk a basketball with ball between my ass cheeks

I dont like ghandi in 1v1 skirmish because the only viable strategy IMO is 1 city elephant rush, and if you dont have amazing lands, your opponent will just out produce you spamming 1-2 pop cities everywhere. i would infact say that ghandi is almost the worst civ in 1v1 skirmish, second only to venice.

yes and i m 12 feet tall and can dunk a basketball with ball between my ass cheeks
Well, you are ought to be talented in at least something. Some people fly through the sky, some shove basketball in their ass, but it's it's still not a reason for hating arithmetics.

The hit to your tempo with India is brutal. The late game is awesome, if you can somehow keep up. The added difficulty in keeping up makes india a poor choice.

I guess India can be quite good if you play with teams. If your allies can give you a few luxuries early on, you should be able to take advantage of their UA much quicker, resulting in a quite strong early and mid game.

But I'd agree that they really aren't the best choise for solo play...

I played a teamer and a few FFA's as Gandhi this weekend because this thread peaked my curiosity. I must say he's not as bad as I thought. Most of the games I was able to get 3 - 4 epically huge cities. 3 or 4 20+ in pop with massive amounts of happiness to spare.

Caravans definitely made him stronger than he used to be since he has no growth bonuses. Still, Gandhi is definitely below average and probably the worst civ you can play aside from Venice.

It took a while to gain some steam with him but once the cities were growing, the sky was the limit. His start however is too slow and that is a huge handicap.

Top Bottom