Hosting 8 player games

Ermak-

Prince
Hi guys, I have a problem. When I host 8 FFA the game tend to freeze up for no apparant reason. At any point in game it will stop responding and lock up until you close task from task manager. Then I try to rejoin my own game and it gives error. You can't event atl tab when it locks up. This only happens mostly in 8 player games and when I am host. If I am not the host it works OK. I was thinking it was my prossesor not being able to handle the game and lowered amount of city states (with mixed results). I ve got i7 950, 10 gig ram and 660 to. I think my specs are more then enough to handle turn based games. Do you know what causing the problem? It is really frustrating. Otherwise I am good host, and if this problem doesn't happen game runs smooth.

Could it be the upload speed on your internet connection?

Not the download speed, but when you send files out?
As host I think you send the save out to all the players who then process it and send some data back.

Could it be the upload speed on your internet connection?

Not the download speed, but when you send files out?
As host I think you send the save out to all the players who then process it and send some data back.

My speed si 5 MEGS with upload. I used to have the loadign screens every time someone disconnects and all players have that loading screen fro a few mins. But not - instead of that- my game just stops responding.

Ermak, bro. Its just you are doing 8 player games. This is why often I dont join when you invite me. 8 player is far too unstable, especially in the public lobby when you never know if someone is gonna drop. When was the last time one of your 8 player games ended with a true winner?

You should keep it to 6 to have some stability, also try playing with me, alienware and some others that play together often in the evenings, we have some great games you might enjoy playing with us in. And then your tribe can greatly prosper.

8 person games are playable if everybody is on your friends list and agree to reload. In a full 8 person FFA you can expect a few crashes in a long game, just reload it! My suggestion is to create your own group, and then when people join your FFAs tell them that they have to friend you and join your group and promise to reload if it crashes.

Top Bottom