Fall From Heaven 3

WaKKO151

Chieftain
I got Civ4 the day it came out. Its the best strategy game I have ever played. I am sure you are all aware of this fact. I am positive that Civ 5 will beat it to death and take its place as my favorite game. But this post is aabout Fall From Heaven. Its a Mod for the civ games. I won't go into great detail about the game. You can look up the info if you like.

My Main focus here is to find out when Fall From Heaven 3 will be coming out and When ou guys are going to buck up and make us pay for the most replayable game ever concived.

I would love to see the game move from simple Mod to a full retail game. I know the previous games were based on a couple of easy concepts. Replayability, being the focus.

What better way to be the ultimate replayability then by making your own Leader and Country. Maybe through a Point system to keep it fair.

Picture this...

You log in, pick Play now. You seleck Pangea, Huge map, Noble, and Marathon. You come to the Civilization select screen and see the existing civs and an option at the bottom called, Custom. You click it.

The next screen shows a slide show style avatar select screen with a name block at the bottom. You select a picture for your leader and name him.

The next screen allows you to pick your traits AND you civilizations Trait.
The next screen allows you to replace some of your units with Unique Units.
the next screen allows you to pick some unique buildings.
The Next screen allows you to create your World Unit.
The Next screen for your world spell.
And finally you launch the game.

I know its way more somplicated then me just writing some post, BUT I WILL PAY YOU!!

No joke dude...MONEY!!

It would be worth it to me to be able to do that. Maybe you wait for civ 5, maybe you get some start up capital and get permission to use the civ4 engine for you own game. Either way, this is the NEXT STEP in REPLAY VALUE!!!. Its the only thing that could be done better.

Maybe you make a civ and then you either select OR create a leader.
Maybe eash civilization starts with a leader as a hero unit.
But the principal idea remains the same. FALL FROM HEAVEN classic game play, based on specilizing in one aspect of the tech tree, building your unique units, using your unique world spells, etc...

I don't want to hear its not happening either. i just want to know WHEN??

Wow slow the hell down buddy, there is still work going on with FFH2.

Those are some good suggestions, allthough we will have to wait for civ 5 to see what sort of possibilities there are.

Some developers have EULAs that prevent people legally charging for mods to their game, and/or retaining IP rights over modifications. I wonder if Firaxis has such a thing.

Another point, though. Kael has expressed an interest in finishing up and perfecting FFH, then moving on to something new and different. I'd hazard a guess that FFH3 isn''t going to happen. He says he's in a pretty good financial position, and doesn't care for money. He even sends all FFH donations rto unicef..

I don't think its going to happen, and if it does it wont be by Kael, but Firaxis. FFH 3 will therefore be horsehockye, just like all other Firaxis games.

I think I read in an interview that he is done with modding for now. He has some gaming to catch up on. He also does have a family. Obviously we would love to see more. I think he knows that. ;)

I tend to think that FfH 3 is most likely to be a version of FfH based on Civ V, which of course must wait until that game is made.

I don't know, unless the code for Civ 5 was very similar (in which case why make it?) that would take a lot of work to largely recreate what we've already done. So I don't really expect a FfH 3. But I'm sure anything Kael does will be worth playing.

As Warkirby mentioned, Kael wants to move to something new

This means that FFH will probably never move into a third series that with increased capabilities and graphics which could make FFH even more epic :cry:

Maybe then, the question is who will carry-on the FfH2 team's game into Civ 5...? I think Kael has encouraged others to take FfH2 and modify it as their own. I expect some talented, ambitious creative bugger will take on the mantle of FfH3... .
Assuming Civ 5 is worthy. I have no doubt I'll transition to Civ 5 as I have with every major update scince Civ 1.
As it stands now, FfH2's corpse is still kicking and I'm still very much enjoying its novelty. :goodjob:

I have no plans for a FfH3. The game I wanted to make is FfH2 and if the team and I make a new game it won't be a TBS game.

That said if you really want to see the next iteration if FfH design I would strongly recommend the Fall Further mod. I have seen the changelog for the next version and it is awesome! Very ambicious, a lot of very cool functions, you will not be disappointed.

Personally my main focus right now is the ton of minor details that most people wont notice by themselves, but add up to a big thing. Improving documentation, minor tweaks to make FfH better. I expect to stay in this mode for quite a while.

I have no plans for a FfH3. The game I wanted to make is FfH2 and if the team and I make a new game it won't be a TBS game.

That said if you really want to see the next iteration if FfH design I would strongly recommend the Fall Further mod. I have seen the changelog for the next version and it is awesome! Very ambicious, a lot of very cool functions, you will not be disappointed.

Personally my main focus right now is the ton of minor details that most people wont notice by themselves, but add up to a big thing. Improving documentation, minor tweaks to make FfH better. I expect to stay in this mode for quite a while.

You will have to,... because I expect to stay in the "you have to add this one more new graphic" mode for a while, as well... ;)

What? The next patch won't have perfect unique graphics for everything? I must still wait?

No joke dude...MONEY!!

It would be worth it to me to be able to do that. Maybe you wait for civ 5, maybe you get some start up capital and get permission to use the civ4 engine for you own game. Either way, this is the NEXT STEP in REPLAY VALUE!!!. Its the only thing that could be done better.

wat

what's wrong with the replay value? unless you only ever play one civ, you should almost NEVER run out of things to do. there's 21 unique civs, 7 unique religions, and a whole heap of wonders and world improvements... if you don't include the wonders and map variances, theres 147 different games to play right there.

Top Bottom