Late game change to resting point with city-states?

mageta621

Chieftain
Hey guys, couldn't find an answer in the forums to what seems to be a novel problem.

Playing BNW, have the whole Patronage policy tree unlocked, including consulates (+20 to CS resting point). I am going for Diplomatic victory so I have pledges to protect all the City-States. Therefore I should have, and did for much of the game, a resting point with all of them at 30 - i.e. friends.

However, a few of them who I hadn't targeted yet, and was at 30 influence with, just dipped below all at once. I am in the Modern Era, but I did not only just reach it, I have been in it for many turns. No World Congress resolutions were just passed. There were no CS elections which would've caused this, no coups or anything like that, and I have not revoked the pledge to protect, but when I looked at those particular CSs, it said my influence would change until it RESTS AT 25! In fact, all the CSs say influence will rest at 25.

Does anyone know of a reason why this would occur? I have never seen this change in resting point like this and can't find any answers in the forums or Civilopedia (big friggin surprise...).

Thanks for help.

The patch that got released just now did that, pledge to protect gives you less influence.

Thanks for the quick replies. That just happened today didn't it? I liked it better as it was, though I know many were critical of it.

Thanks for the quick replies. That just happened today didn't it? I liked it better as it was, though I know many were critical of it.

Yep, it just happened yesterday. It was far too overpowered of a policy, and that's why it got hit with the nerf hammer.

I'll miss this the most. It was my favorite exploit. But I can understand and appreciate the nerf.

Does the religious pick still work with keeping the resting point at 30? I haven't tried that yet.

I'll miss this the most. It was my favorite exploit. But I can understand and appreciate the nerf. Does the religious pick still work with keeping the resting point at 30? I haven't tried that yet.

It does. Papal Primacy (the belief you speak of) increases resting point by 15, while Consulates increases by 20, meaning you'll be over the Friends threshold.

Top Bottom