How come my citadel isn't doing any damage to enemy units?

reddishrecue

Some dude on civfans
I managed to build a citadel in the heartland of Akkad, Babylon since I needed to do it against babylonian walls. However, When enemy units got close to my citadel and firing crossbowmen, they wouldn't suffer any damages. I thought the citadel would do a -30 hp to all enemy units. The only possibility of why the citadel wouldn't inflict damage I think is because the citadel was plundered. Do plundered citadels still inflict damage? Or is this a bug?

Common Sense says destroyed Citadels isn't quite as effective at destroying enemies thus a worker would be needed to repair the citadel before it can deal pain and death to babylon again.

It's confusing now because before BNW even damaged citadels were hurting enemy units.

Nope pillaged citadels don't hurt enemy units in vanilla and gods n kings.

I should know.... i've had like three citadels that got nuked lol by the enemy lol

I'm very glad that the AI now actively tries to burn your citadels. I remember in vanilla Civ V you could win any conflict by simply establishing a citadel in the right place and the AI would never raze it. I hardly use them at all these days.

Nope pillaged citadels don't hurt enemy units in vanilla and gods n kings.
I should know.... i've had like three citadels that got nuked lol by the enemy lol
They used to. I bet patching changed that very long time ago. In vanilla c5 I would often abandon my citadels to enemy onslaught and let their troops approach my cities properly damaged.

I abandoned them too, but that wasn't because they worked when pillaged. Instead, it was because the AI never pillaged them.

They used to. I bet patching changed that very long time ago. In vanilla c5 I would often abandon my citadels to enemy onslaught and let their troops approach my cities properly damaged.

I never abandoned the citadels I just kept my units in them and had lots of fun watching AI suicide on them. I watched tanks suicide on landsknechts in citadels. ;)

If landsknecht defending it died, well, i have done as much damage as possible in that round and slowed the enemy down even more. In addition it gave me more of a breathing room for my landsknechts to plod their way into that citadel to make even more tanks suicide onto my landsknechts.

Plus abandoning the citadels when you can defend it and win battles handily is just a sissy more and I don't do it cuz i roleplay. I will only abandon a citadel in dire circumstances, like being hit by a atomic bomb or I doubt i can survive the onslaught and replace the unit and refortify it again quickly.

..... I had panzers manning citadels like two times. XD

Well this must be why I never saw a pillaged citadel continue to hurt the enemy, it simply doesn't happen for me because of my gameplay style. Just not my style.

Top Bottom