Adopting the religions from other civs

claudiupb

King
I have some questions about how getting a religion developed by an AI civ works. In some games I tend not to form a religion at all, and let the AI spread a religion to my cities, and/or conquer an AI with a fully developed religion (all Pantheon, Founder, Follower, Enhancer & Reformation beliefs adopted). But I have noticed that I do not benefit from all the adopted beliefs. For example in one game the AI formed a religion that had the "To the Glory of God" reformation belief, and I conquered all of the cities (so I was in possession of the holy city) and also had that religion in the majority of my cities. But I was unable to buy any great person even though I was in the modern era. I could only buy the great person types corresponding to my completed policy tracks. In the same game on other cities I had a religion which had the "Jesuit Education" reformation belief and I was able to buy the science buildings with faith.
I understand that I do not get the benefit from the Founder beliefs, but what about the reformation beliefs? It seems that some work and some don't. Is this a bug or is this the indented purpose? Are there other beliefs that do not work when you adopt the religion of another civilization? I mention that the game was BNW without any mods.

Top Bottom