Multiplayer AI stupid

Rygaros

Chieftain
Probalby this has been mentioned Before but I cvoudlnt find a topic about it. Please refer to that one if it exists.
I've played some games with my friends in both Civ V vanilla, G&K and as well in BNW. We play in teams versus AI two and two teams.
But why is it that the AI is much more stupid than in singleplayer games? It is alot easier to beat the 7:th difficulty game in multiplayer games than it is in singleplayer for example.
Is it some kind of bug that makes them weaker when they are in teams?
Should we instead face AI one and one instead or is it jsut some bug that makes AI less skilled in multiplayer games?

Would be glad if someone had a solution for this or at least an answere why it is like this.

Well, there's much less diplomacy exchanges with the AI in multiplayer. The AI will never denounce you. They wil lnever tell you to stop spying on them, and they will never tell you to stop converting their cities.

The AI never initiates diplomacy in MP except for declarations of war. That means fewer declarations of friendship, no trade offers, no research agreements, no warnings when you expand too much or convert their cities.

Presumably since the AI never does this with the player, it never does it with other AIs - so you don't get nightmare scenarios like three or more civs simultaneously going to war against you like you do in SP.

All this adds up to an easier game in MP.

I've noticed that about the diplomacy. You can for example as well choose pledge to protect on every single city state you meet without being concerned that you will loose 20 influence with them if the AI demand tribute from them.
But it was not just the diplomacy I was talking about. The AI seems jsut to be more stupid or they bug in some way, I dont know.
For example some Civilization doesn't expand as they use to. Normaly the AI pump citys on difficulty 7 and above. But here you can see some of them just having 1(!!)-3 cities. And when you enter their borders, they have some settlers just runing around their own territory.
That never hapens in single player games...at least not for me and I've played quite alot of Civ games.

Maybe this is something I should send to customer support instead?

I've noticed that about the diplomacy. You can for example as well choose pledge to protect on every single city state you meet without being concerned that you will loose 20 influence with them if the AI demand tribute from them.
But it was not just the diplomacy I was talking about. The AI seems jsut to be more stupid or they bug in some way, I dont know.
For example some Civilization doesn't expand as they use to. Normaly the AI pump citys on difficulty 7 and above. But here you can see some of them just having 1(!!)-3 cities. And when you enter their borders, they have some settlers just runing around their own territory.
That never hapens in single player games...at least not for me and I've played quite alot of Civ games.

Maybe this is something I should send to customer support instead?

They don't demand tribute either? Wow.

So this is THREE YEARS into the life of this game and most of the complaints people were making back in 2010 still haven't been resolved, and most likely won't be?

What are the people at Firaxis even doing? They can't make a decent AI for the single-player experience, ok FINE, we have idiot AIs and spot them a head start, lol, but they can't even give us functional AIs for multi-player??

Top Bottom