City flipping AI

gremlins0

Chieftain
Anyone have advice on how to city flip an AI city? Late game and I have 500+ tourism and plenty of happiness. I forced an idelology through the world congress, but can't seem to get any AI cities to go that unhappy. I had it on prince difficulty. Besides doing an embargo on the city states and that AI, which I don't know if it helps happiness except through indirectly crippling their economy, any advice on what could work? Besides declaring war onthem and going in and razing their resources?

I'm curious about this too.

I'm usually on Immortal, and I've gotten the AI to be at war with every civ (so, an effective embargo), banned two of the luxes he had access to, held all city states so he didn't have any, got him in full on revolt mode, and then I passed the world ideology. Sure enough, it sent him to -32 happiness.... for one turn. Next turn, he magically had 2 happiness. Then within 5 turns, up to 17 happiness. Still in full on revolt, I guess he just rush-bought a ton of happiness buildings, or got a policy or something.

Annoying though. He was my neighbor. I had highest tourism and most pressure on him. Really wanted that city flip =P.

The AI can also change the ideology to get things back to normal.

I have had a 20 pop city flipped from Dido on Emperor. My one and only city flip from the AI until now. There has been massive Ideological pressure on them from WC and three other civilizations and quite a few turns below -20 unhappiness. It all depends on how many Civilizations have a different ideology than the AI. There is an extra screen in the culture menu for the ideological pressure/unhappiness.

I've flipped a city, but I don't know how. As freedom loving Portugal and teamed up with freedom loving Denmark(?), we first had order based China sandwiched and forced them to change to freedom. Then several turns later, the Roman city of Boston joined my side, while Denmark flipped a Zulu city. I don't know how it happened, but it did...

I flipped a city. Don't expect it until later. I actually had good relations with the neighbor, I had a bigger army, and I hadn't tried screweing them over in world congress. You really need to be lightyears ahead in tourism to even think of making this a possibility.

Basically, you need to get them to -20 happiness for a while, and be of their preffered ideology.

However, the AI can avoid Unhappiness from a different Ideology by changing Ideology. So it is rare for an AI to be stuck at -20 for long

I think it depends on AI difficulty, at prince I saw a flip happen, but in a similar situation on King nothing happened. Even at -30 for a good 30 or so turns, they didnt change ideology or anything, they just cope.

Top Bottom