Questions about Civs opinion of you

Singulare

Chieftain
Ok so from time to time the AIs contact you with a choice.

Give us gold per turn or dont.
Give us lux res or dont.
Denounce this guy or not.
Lets go to war, wait, how dare you, dont.
and others.

My question is how exactly is civ opinion modified. What steps can I take to make them friendlier.

Russia asks me to denounce japan I said no, i have no interest in this. They denounce me instead. ?!?

Ok so from time to time the AIs contact you with a choice.

Give us gold per turn or dont.
Give us lux res or dont.
Denounce this guy or not.
Lets go to war, wait, how dare you, dont.
and others.

My question is how exactly is civ opinion modified. What steps can I take to make them friendlier.

Russia asks me to denounce japan I said no, i have no interest in this. They denounce me instead. ?!?

That happens when an AI hesitates between denouncing you for the benefit of getting bonus with other AI that don t like you or taking you as a friend , so they give you a choice ...be with us or be with him :)

I had Germany do that once. I denouced them back, and almost everyone else congratulated me and joined the denouncement :lol:

I know if they ask you for something and you give it, you get a positive modifier "They asked for help, and you gave it!"

Also, if you make a trade that benefits them, you get the positive modifier "You traded recently!" I usually give like 7-10gpt or a spare luxury to a civ I want to be friends with.

You can also propose resolutions in World Congress or help Civs pass them to get positive modifiers.

Has anyone ever seen Friendly since BNW? I've had DoF with civs but don't think I've ever seen Friendly relationship. Actually I'm not sure if I've seen Hostile either. I definitely remember Guarded and Neutral.

Has anyone ever seen Friendly since BNW? I've had DoF with civs but don't think I've ever seen Friendly relationship. Actually I'm not sure if I've seen Hostile either. I definitely remember Guarded and Neutral.

I've seen a lot of both.

I've seen Friendly, usualyl a DoF pushes Neutral to Friendly most of the time.

I've heard that when they ask you to join a war, and you respond "How Dare you" it supposedly prevents them from apporaching you asking to join a war again.

That happens when an AI hesitates between denouncing you for the benefit of getting bonus with other AI that don t like you or taking you as a friend , so they give you a choice ...be with us or be with him :)

Usually I don't denounce when they ask. The one time I did it, China asked me to denounce Japan. I agreed and denounced Japan. Two turns later, China denounced me. Well played, AI.

Except for the denouncement, they got rid of the penalty of refusing help. You do get a positive bonus for accepting though.

I've seen all of those, plus Afraid. I always try to keep at least one of my neighbors Friendly.

Helping civs is really good way to improve relations. Giving them gold/resources when they're asking may even make them give something to you. They ask help when they're having bad time, and may gift you something after they've got economy running again.

I've seen all of those, plus Afraid. I always try to keep at least one of my neighbors Friendly.

Helping civs is really good way to improve relations. Giving them gold/resources when they're asking may even make them give something to you. They ask help when they're having bad time, and may gift you something after they've got economy running again.

Oh yea I forgot about afraid. I haven't seen that one since BNW either. I have to try for friendly by getting tons of positives.

...They ask help when they're having bad time, and may gift you something after they've got economy running again.

Do they really ever gift you something in return? I've given lots of gifts to civs and they always say they'll help me later, but they never have.

Me neither, not even if I ask for something.

Sometimes if you're friendly with a civ and their AI sets the value of horses or iron to 0, they will give you those resources for free if you ask for them. They will also say that you giving it to them for free is a fair deal too though, so I think that has more to do with the resource having 0 value to the AI than giving something in return.

I always get annoyed when a civ is 10 techs ahead of me, getting 100 gold per turn more than me, and still begs me for a luxury resource. I mean, come on! You're clearly not in trouble here, and you can definitely afford to pay for it... I also get annoyed when civs ask for 100 or 200 gpt when my economy is doing well. I'll sometimes give you an extra luxury resource if I can afford it, but I'm not spending that much on foreign aid with nothing in return.

Sometimes if you're friendly with a civ and their AI sets the value of horses or iron to 0, they will give you those resources for free if you ask for them. They will also say that you giving it to them for free is a fair deal too though, so I think that has more to do with the resource having 0 value to the AI than giving something in return.

I always get annoyed when a civ is 10 techs ahead of me, getting 100 gold per turn more than me, and still begs me for a luxury resource. I mean, come on! You're clearly not in trouble here, and you can definitely afford to pay for it... I also get annoyed when civs ask for 100 or 200 gpt when my economy is doing well. I'll sometimes give you an extra luxury resource if I can afford it, but I'm not spending that much on foreign aid with nothing in return.

Actually I have gotten open borders for free already.

Top Bottom