Minor terrain glitch?

DanaPunk

Chieftain
Hello all!

I'm hoping you guys can help me solve a minor issue in CivBE. With high graphics settings, the terrain texture completely disappears and the game instead shows a bunch of brightly colored square tiles. It's understandable that I can't play the game on high settings because I only have the minimum required graphics card - but on medium, low, or minimum the terrain is still not 100% right. Some of the terrain tiles load fine but others have pixelated streaks of color - see the attached screen shot. It's not that bad, but it makes the game look pretty ugly.

I'm able to play Civ 5 on high settings, so I would hope this isn't a problem with my laptop.

I've already updated my graphics card drivers, installed visual c++, made sure I have the latest version of direct x, and reinstalled BE, but nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• CivBEScreen0001.jpg
    CivBEScreen0001.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 711
Welcome to CivFanatics!

For starters, please post your DxDiag.txt file:

Hit the "Windows key" and "R", type in Dxdiag, hit enter. A menu will appear, with a save option at the right bottom. Save the file and attach it here. This provides us with essential information about your system.

You have the most recent drivers for your graphics card (Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000), but the card just meets the minimum requirements to run the game. You'll have to expect glitches and slow performance. Configure the video settings as low as you find acceptable and hope for the best. Good luck!

Thanks for looking into it. Yeah, that's pretty much the conclusion I've come to at this point, but it's super frustrating because the game actually runs quite fast, and everything else looks great - just not the terrain textures. It also doesn't seem right to me that the minimum requirements can't run the game fine even on minimum settings.

Oh well - looks like it's finally time to upgrade. But if anyone has a similar problem and/or suggestions, it's still appreciated!

Thanks for looking into it. Yeah, that's pretty much the conclusion I've come to at this point, but it's super frustrating because the game actually runs quite fast, and everything else looks great - just not the terrain textures. It also doesn't seem right to me that the minimum requirements can't run the game fine even on minimum settings.

Oh well - looks like it's finally time to upgrade. But if anyone has a similar problem and/or suggestions, it's still appreciated!

I have the same thing. Funny how the minimum requirements aren't good enough to run the game on minimum. Doesn't seem like something a company would want to do.

I wish it looked that good on the Mac version, but yeah, I know the feeling.

Top Bottom