How am I making an insane amount of gold per turn?

oPunchDrunko

Prince
In my current game I'm playing Korea and I have a gpt of 330. I'm just about to enter the industrial era. I'm playing on King, marathon, standard map size with 8 civs. The only thing I can think that is causing it is Church Property and a mod called Free Roads (removes road maintenance).

I'm thinking the Free Roads mod is the culprit because I have all of my cities connected.

Well I'm still in the Renaissance era, so it's quite a lot for me. The Inca are right behind me with only 88 gpt.

Ok, so what about civs other than Venice? Is it normal having 300+ gpt when just about to reach Industrial?

It all depends on dirt, how much you sell, building markets/banks..., having low overhead and trade routes. It is not normally to have that kind of gold per turn, but I've had more before. Going wide can help as well.

The question is, how well is the game going in terms of finishing fast?

It also depends upon who uses mods that give more gold.

I've seen screen shots where folks have a thousand gold GPT and happiness in the hundreds.

You probably have 7/7 trade routes active, most of the financial buildings built in most of your cities and financial buildings like colossus or petra built which already add a trade route to the existing trade routes..

Current game: +441, king, almost achieved domination victory, industrial era, all 7 trade roads plundered, pangea plus. City states (the best) 23-25gpt - but I am unable to maintain safe trips, and I do not care :) The game is already won, but raging barbarians are pain in the ***. It is funny because almost all cities are on the coast and interior is terra incognita.

I think trade routes might be another reason. I have 6/6 trade routes and all are making 10+ gold.

When you don't pay for roads but still get connection gold then of course you'll have a lot of gold

trade routes for gold are bad (unless you are going negative), you need internal preferably coastal food trade routes to your cities

Top Bottom