Pax Romana Aeternum

LuckyArt

Chieftain
afaik, only one individual(specia3147), has claimed this achievement since the latest patch. his post of imar13 was interesting and i tried to go along with it. no luck. now, normally, a post of this type invites a lot of feedback, not in this case. in fact, since the patch i haven't seen any. this is the last major achievement that i need to get to 226. i consider the achievement to get your religion in all the major capitols to be broken. and since my computer skills are somewhat limited(i'm 72 and didn't grow up with these things), i haven't tried to download or rate a mod nor have i tried to play a multiplayer game. if anyone out there would have the patience to talk me thru these things, or direct me to a thread that is for computer- challeged individuals, it would be appreciated. now, for my problems with this scenario: playing as eastern rome:

a. i don't see a way to keep out of more than -9 unhappiness much past 10 turns and even if i do that my gpt soon goes so negative, i'm going to lose units(possibly every turn).

b. the legions that i start with are not as strong as any of the uu's that i face and can easily be destroyed even if within two tiles of a fort or within the fort itself.

c. i cannot build any land unit that is even close to being competitive with those i face. since building walls or barracks is not optimal i cannot fight as well as i should. and combined with the -10 unhappiness penalty, i feel like my units are warriors going up against longswordsmen.

d. the droman is nice, but unpromoted, and with only being able to reach a max of two tiles is many times of no use at all.

e. with the negative social policies occurring so soon,( -10 combat effectiveness and cities with walls -2 production) within the first 10-12 turns: the best unit i can get, even with a GG is of less strength that most of the uu's i face.

f. with so few workers, i can't improve the resources(if i try, i can't build forts and even more cities would fall sooner.)

All in all, until/unless someone comes up with a plan to at least somewhat overcome these difficulties, i have to consider this as almost impossible to achieve. tia to anyone that can provide some insght.

Top Bottom