Patronage finisher

bbobb23

Chieftain
The finisher policy for patronage allows allied City-Staes to give great people. I knew they could give Khans so I should have expected it but in my game as Brazil, My ally, Budapest, gifted me a Merchant of Venice. Anyone else have this happen to them and if so, did they buy a city-state or conduct a super trade mission?

The interesting thing with GMoV's from CS's is that, like Khans, they seem to have the same spawn rate as the other GP's. So you have like a 1/11 chance of getting a GMoV from a CS - not at all bad odds, considering how powerful GMoV's are.

I've never finished Patronage; how often does that benefit pop? I'm leery of investing in something with a loose description like "occasionally."

I've never finished Patronage; how often does that benefit pop? I'm leery of investing in something with a loose description like "occasionally."

Seemed to be about every 60 turns PER CS for me. So if you're allied with 10 CS's, that's one GP every 6 turns or so.

That being a loose estimate, of course.

Yes it can happen and yes they can do everything a normal one does.

The bad news is that playing Venice, you can also be gifted a regular Merchant from the city states. :(

Top Bottom