Best Science tech path after bulbing Radios with Oxford?

fallout3dc

Warlord
If I am going for a science victory and I just got the Ideology from Radios, where is the best route to go from here if I'm going for all the spaceship parts as fast as possible? Thanks.

After radio, best tech path for Science Victory is to go for Plastics for Research Labs with a possible detour to Chemistry, Fertilizer. After Research Labs, Chemistry and Fertilizer, Biology and Penicillin are good techs for increasing pop late game. Satellites should be the priority next, in some case even before Biology or Penicillin, for Hubble wonder. Next, go for all the spaceship part techs, preferably with GS bulbs if you have any of them saved for late game.

As vindy has said you want to beeline Plastics after Radio then Satellites, bulbing where beneficial. Although I wouldn't detour to Fertilizer as the prerequisite techs probably are stealable(although chemistry is required for Plastics). Freedom requires rich friends as well as you being rich, you can trade 255 gold for 10gpt. If you have a high production city then order may be the order of the day, you get the advantage of cheaper labs/hospitals/medical labs/etc from skyscrapers.
Don't neglect culture, if you already have. I'd consider a detour to Archaeology so I could build/buy museums/radio towers. Unless it has already been proposed/passed you want the world's Fair out the way, which you must win.

I find beelining Economics after Education or Acoustics, then bulbing Industrialization quite beneficial for the following reasons:
  • You get to know if you have coal, if you do you can use factories for your ideology and use Oxford for Plastics. You also know who else has coal so you can buy it from whoever has it thus delaying their ideology. If using the EUI you can hover your mouse over the coal icon every turn to see who has coal.
  • Big Ben can be built earlier.
  • You are in the industrial era a lot quicker and that means no more Great Prophets spawning. If you have been delaying your faith generation you can now focus on it by building shrines/temples/grand temple.

Top Bottom