Highland warriors

shadowdale

CFC Drunkard
Anybody in here that plays highland warrirors??

I have considered buying it but I wanna know what peope think before spending money I don't have no a game I might not like.

Well I needed to show it to somebody els and since he only uses MSN that would have been a bother to send it to him in pieces.

so I used the edit function in here to change the post after he read it!

It got a bad review in PC GAMER UK...

Better to go for something like "Warrior Kings: Battles" or "Medieval Total War: Viking Invasion" in all honesty.

It sounds decent, but I'll wait for the price to drop before I buy it. Besides...Conquests, Rome: TW and REpublic Revolution are all due out soon.

Originally posted by calgacus
It sounds decent, but I'll wait for the price to drop before I buy it. Besides...Conquests, Rome: TW and REpublic Revolution are all due out soon.

Rome: Total War isn't out soon. It will be next year.

Bought it now, and played it. It's fun, but very, very inaccurate. For instance, there are four factions: the Macdonalds, the Mackay, the Camerons and the English. The UUs are completely random. According to the game, the Macdonalds were a commercial people from the east coast (wtf :confused:). The heroes are silly. The clan badges are totally fictional. The scenarios are semi-fictional. Etc, etc....

I don't think the devopers did any research whatsoever. :cry:

Having said that, the game is great graphically and plays rather well. :) It does look like it's set in Scotland (the terrain, the berry bushes, the highland cattle) and the animated figure speak Gaelic. The scenarios have great introductory videos. There is also changing seasons - an innovation for RTS combat games - where winter weather prevent agriculture and certain terrain movements.

It cost me £10, and I don't regret buying it. I just think of it as a fantasy game :D

Since most people know nothing of Scottish history, they won't be bothered by the historical inaccuracy. However, I've heard that many people are experiencing severe bug problems. There is one patch, but apparently the development team have already disbanded :(

Top Bottom