Civilization on the xbox and I'm the queen of england

Frogpower

Chieftain
Damnit why do we have to go through this again? First fallout is about to be raped by Bethesday and Microsoft and now Sid goes at it. Somebody needs to explain me what the main idea behind an xbox version of civ is before you start bashing your controller to select the right warrior.

A real gamer doesn't game on consoles. Why? Because console gamers don't have the patience to install a game on a PC. All they want is stick the game medium in the machine and play instantly. If you don't have 10 minutes to go through an installation process where are you going to find the time to play civilization? Or is this going to be Civilization Fighters 2 Turbo?

yeah frogpower. THIS IS NOT FOR HARDCORE CIV PLAYERS. THIS IS TO INTRODUCE NEW PEOPLE TO THE CIV FRANCHISE. If you don't want to play it, why did you even start this **** thread. DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO LOOK AT IT AGAIN IF YOU DON'T WANT IT. sorry if this is offending;)

geez, man....YOU don't have to buy it...you know that right?

I'm sorry but I'm getting seriously worried about the future of PC gaming. Just try to imagine the frustration out of seeing so many FPS's come out and so little strategy games. And when they do make an interesting game it's for the console. So no I won't buy an Xbox to play the game. I might buy it on PC to support the only PC franchise that hasn't been wasted yet because of consoles. If it doesn't come out on PC I guess I'll print this post, frame it and stick it in my toilets to remember the fall of PC gaming. I guess I'll be playing UFO Defense for a few more years...

Wait.

If there is an "interesting game" on the console, you would not buy it specifically because it's on the console?

Games SHOULD be good on the console. Games are essentially the one and only purpose those things are designed for.

And it's WAY more cost effective.

I can't imagine how you could make Civ4 any better. I suppose they could make loads of expansions like The Sims 2 STUFF* expansion packs. They could have Civilization IV:City stuff,:Civilizations stuff,:past/modern/future stuff,:army stuff, etc. Also there should be a Before the Past expansion pack.

I'm sorry but I'm getting seriously worried about the future of PC gaming. Just try to imagine the frustration out of seeing so many FPS's come out and so little strategy games. And when they do make an interesting game it's for the console. So no I won't buy an Xbox to play the game. I might buy it on PC to support the only PC franchise that hasn't been wasted yet because of consoles. If it doesn't come out on PC I guess I'll print this post, frame it and stick it in my toilets to remember the fall of PC gaming. I guess I'll be playing UFO Defense for a few more years...

There's lots of PC games that haven't been wasted by console games.
1. Civilization series. Best games ever, hands down. They're not selling out on anybody. so please, stop your useless ranting.;)
2.Age of Empires. Great series.
3.World of conflict looks pretty good.
4. Empire Earth looks ok.

this is going to take over pc version of civ, it is not good

I am glad someone brought up the series of Fallout being screwed well and truly over. I thought I might have been the only one here, having played all Fallout games from their release (with Fallout 1 and 2 being the better of the series, by far).

By anyway, this new Civ for consoles looks interesting, but there's no way in hell they will be able to convey the depth of Civilization, into a console game. Sure, I have an Xbox 360, and will play it, but it still won't be "Civilization" for me.

i cant think of anything to say but------------------------------------------nice

this is going to take over pc version of civ, it is not good
I don't know where you get that idea. Sid and the rest of Firaxis have clearly stated that this is a side branch, not the main line of Civ.

By anyway, this new Civ for consoles looks interesting, but there's no way in hell they will be able to convey the depth of Civilization, into a console game. Sure, I have an Xbox 360, and will play it, but it still won't be "Civilization" for me.
You might be surprised how much depth they actually get into it. I was very much in "Just one more turn" mode when I previewed it earlier this month. ;)

Still, I will admit, it isn't full-scale Civ for the hard-core Civver. (But it's a wonderful way to kill a few hours! :D)

You might be surprised how much depth they actually get into it. I was very much in "Just one more turn" mode when I previewed it earlier this month. ;)

Still, I will admit, it isn't full-scale Civ for the hard-core Civver. (But it's a wonderful way to kill a few hours! :D)

Well, I'll take your word on that subject then :)

But either way, I'll have to read more in-depth previews of the game, seeing I only just saw the one we have here a few nights ago, and then maybe I'll be thinking more positively about the game (not that my initial thoughts were negative to begin with however).

Thanks Padma. I look forward to that "Just one more turn" fun!

Oh god no no Fallout bashing AGH! MY BRAIN IS RUNNING OUT MY EARS AGAIN!

Will you rabid deathclaws just go back to NMA like good trolls and stop screaming every single time a game goes multi-platform? Because last I checked, Fallout 3 is also coming out on the PC and Civ Rev is a console-based spin-off.

Oh god no no Fallout bashing AGH! MY BRAIN IS RUNNING OUT MY EARS AGAIN!

Will you rabid deathclaws just go back to NMA like good trolls and stop screaming every single time a game goes multi-platform? Because last I checked, Fallout 3 is also coming out on the PC and Civ Rev is a console-based spin-off.

Haha, get over it mate, nothing but 2 posts had been made about it, we were hardly "bashing" Fallout. Besides, we bash Bethsoft, not Fallout :mischief:

Fallout: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_(computer_game)

A real gamer doesn't game on consoles. Why? Because console gamers don't have the patience to install a game on a PC. All they want is stick the game medium in the machine and play instantly. If you don't have 10 minutes to go through an installation process where are you going to find the time to play civilization? Or is this going to be Civilization Fighters 2 Turbo?

This is just daft. Do you really believe this? I can think of several reasons why people play games on consoles rather than PCs, and "because they can't spare 10 minutes to do an install" is certainly not one of them. How about:

- They don't have a suitable PC. PCs are more expensive than consoles. A contemporary gamesplaying PC is maybe four times the price of a contemporary console.
- The games they want to play are not available on the PC. Specifically, the Japanese make a lot of the best games in the world, and they don't have much of a PC culture.
- They don't like the lottery of guessing if a game will work at all on their PC / if it will run in a stable fashion / if it will run as nicely as that smug git on the forums with quad graphics cards and an over-cooled super-clocked 6GHz processor.

Of course, there are equivalent reasons why people play games on PC rather than consoles, and that is why some people play on PC, some play on consoles, and some play on both. It doesn't make any one group "real gamers", unless your definition of "real gamers" is "PC only gamers", in which case your original statement was tautological.

Personally I play only Civ on my PC, and use consoles for all my other gaming. And most of that is TBS, though of course console TBS is "tactics" style games, i.e. strategy RPGs. There is a lack of REX games on consoles, so I am looking forward to seeing what Firaxis have come up with, even though I didn't like Civ4. Revolutions just might be a Trojan Horse game for me; not getting a console gamer into Civ, but getting a next gen console in to replace my PS2.

Top Bottom