Civilization III: Worldwide

Is the 2.8 attachment corrupt? I can't open it and I've tried twice. Would somebody check and see if it works for you? Thank you.

It downloads fine for me, Tigris. The only problem I have is the same one I get all the time here now: that everything defaults to download as attachment.php. So I have to manually change it to .zip or .rar before I can unpack it.

It downloads fine for me, Tigris. The only problem I have is the same one I get all the time here now: that everything defaults to download as attachment.php. So I have to manually change it to .zip or .rar before I can unpack it.

Yes, that's exactly what I did and now it works. Thank you and sorry for the bother. :)

Hey Kyriakos, no changes have been made yet. After WW3 is over I will take a little modding break and then start working on this again in earnest in 2015. Some of your city sets that have been made since 2010 will definitely be included. :) Thanks.

Might be a really stupid question, but does this work with the Vanilla Civ3, or at the very least how do you find out which version you have?

Thanks. Now an even bigger question.... how do you start it?

This was in the OP. Maybe you missed that ;-)
To play Worldwide, download the main folder from the link above, and then place it in your C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios folder (or where ever you keep your Scenario folder), along with the scenario biq file which is in the Worldwide folder. Make sure there is not an additional folder hiding inside the Worldwide folder; you should open it and see an Art and a Text folder. Then start up Civ 3 and access the game from Civ content.

Hello
Ist it possible to play this mod in hotseat-multiplayer and if it´s possible - how is it done? Thanks in advance.

This was in the OP. Maybe you missed that ;-)
To play Worldwide, download the main folder from the link above, and then place it in your C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios folder (or where ever you keep your Scenario folder), along with the scenario biq file which is in the Worldwide folder. Make sure there is not an additional folder hiding inside the Worldwide folder; you should open it and see an Art and a Text folder. Then start up Civ 3 and access the game from Civ content.

Actually i had meant start it in the game, but i figured it out. Now that I have played umpteen turns of it, i have another question.

Can you use the editor to create a scenario with this mod?

After a week of trial an error, I have discovered that you CAN use the editor with this mod. I made an epic map that i can already tell is going to evolve into an endless war scenario, which i completely love.

HOWEVER! If you should decide to do what I have done, DO NOT EDIT THE UNITS! The mod is clearly set up so that it goes beyond the accepted custom icon limit, so as a result if you edit anything in that tab, you can not exit out and need to force close the editor. You can try and fix it by using one of the accepted icons, but then the game doesnt launch at all when you load it.

After a week of trial an error, I have discovered that you CAN use the editor with this mod. I made an epic map that i can already tell is going to evolve into an endless war scenario, which i completely love.

HOWEVER! If you should decide to do what I have done, DO NOT EDIT THE UNITS! The mod is clearly set up so that it goes beyond the accepted custom icon limit, so as a result if you edit anything in that tab, you can not exit out and need to force close the editor. You can try and fix it by using one of the accepted icons, but then the game doesnt launch at all when you load it.

You have run in the hyperlink bug. This is a programmed bug in the code of C3C when too many units or buildings are connected to a strategic or luxury resource. It seems the programmers of C3C never thought, there will be mods and scenarios around that connect more as about 30 units/buildings to a strategic or luxury resoure.

All modders of C3C have to deal with that problem, so this is nothing special that did happen to you. JediRanger, have much fun with continuing modding of Civ 3.:)

Hello
Ist it possible to play this mod in hotseat-multiplayer and if it´s possible - how is it done? Thanks in advance.

To be honest, yes. If you installed the mod into the Conquests folder under Scenarios, you should be able to access it through the game mode options as a scenario. Be warned that I have not tested it.

So, is there any way of editing the units without triggering the bug? There are quite a few units who i think need longer range...

You should be able to alter the units in the editor any way you like. If you can describe the issue you are having in a little more detail, or provide a screenshot, I may be able to identify the problem.

What units do you think need increased range? I've been recalculating and testing better units stats for the eventual update, so I'd be interested to hear your ideas.

You should be able to alter the units in the editor any way you like. If you can describe the issue you are having in a little more detail, or provide a screenshot, I may be able to identify the problem.

What units do you think need increased range? I've been recalculating and testing better units stats for the eventual update, so I'd be interested to hear your ideas.

I... don't get it. When i tried before and i made an edit to the units, then tried to change off of that particular unit, i would get a message telling me that i needed to choose from a legitimate icon from 0 to 400 something. this time when i went to do it so i could get a screenshot... it worked. I must be going crazy.

The icon issue happens when things are not in the correct folder or don't reference the folders right. For example, here's a shot of the how the editor should look when set up right:

Spoiler :

But if we put the game in the wrong folder:

Spoiler :

It can't find the scenario info and attempts to reference the normal Civ 3 icon picture, which is limited to 400. That's when it asks you to pick a new icon to work properly.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• ww editor3.jpg
    ww editor3.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 494
  • ww editor2.png
    ww editor2.png
    296.8 KB · Views: 503
  • ww editor.jpg
    ww editor.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 501
Top Bottom