[BtS] Amra's Modpack v3 for Beyond the Sword

BTW, when including Scythia I noticed "Tanais" mentioned twice in the City List(also: "Olbia" and "Oblia" - don't know it that's intentional, but I liked Karagodeuask and Tsymbalka, which were Scythian sites as well). Just a minor comment.;)
Not intentional, just didn't check the city list well enough. Thanks for catching that & I will include it in the forthcoming patch 3.01 that I am working on.

In case anyone is curious, I will be posting a small patch (v3.01) next week before moving on to the Full version. There aren't any game breaking items being fixed, just tweaking some things before using the already released modpack as the base for the Full version.

Among the items addressed in the patch will be:

- Include Audio Fix previously posted
- Fixed a few minor errors in the City & Plot LSystem xml files (thanks Fierabras)
- Added 3 additional Modern City ArtStyles (get a little variety after the Industrial Age!)
- Added more units to the new Siam Unit ArtStyle (thanks Sword_of_Geddon)
- Other misc filling out of the Unit ArtStyles

@Xenomorph & Kalimakhus: Minor nations start at war with all players. The Mediator Event allows you to make peace - the alternative being a constant state of war. About Ethiopia: I tried to include D'mt as a regular civ (instead of a minor civ), but the city symbol displayed incorrectly on the map, so I didn't. I guess I forgot to switch "Player=1" back to 0; if it's a problem, I'll fix it in an update. So please keep commenting, I appreciate it!

EDIT: The Egyptian LH I couldn't change - it's not Hatti (actually, I don't know who Hatti is), just the standard Civ4 Cleopatra LH.

(I seem to have missed a post while typing my previous one) Whoopy, a patch! Will check if I need to update - and change Ethiopia back to minor civ in the process.;)

BTW, I still don't seem to be able to make screenshots: they keep turning out like black screens.:confused:

EDIT: The Egyptian LH I couldn't change - it's not Hatti (actually, I don't know who Hatti is), just the standard Civ4 Cleopatra LH.

The standard civ4 LH for Egypt is Hatshepsut (Hatti is her neck-name). You can for sure use Ramesses. I have actually modified the WBSave file and replaced LEADER_HATSHEPSUT with LEADER_RAMESSES.

Bottom line is the scenario is quite fun to play won't make a difference if you use another LH (Only Ram is Spi/Ind with stone and marble he is a killer).

(I seem to have missed a post while typing my previous one) Whoopy, a patch! Will check if I need to update - and change Ethiopia back to minor civ in the process.;)

BTW, I still don't seem to be able to make screenshots: they keep turning out like black screens.:confused:
The patch may not affect anything in your scenario as it is mostly dealing with the City & Unit art styles.

I'll see if I can take a few screenshots of your scenario tonight & post them for you.

The patch may not affect anything in your scenario as it is mostly dealing with the City & Unit art styles.

I'll see if I can take a few screenshots of your scenario tonight & post them for you.

Ah, that would be great! But perhaps you can e-mail them (zipwise), so I can put 'em on the DL page? (E-mail addres is in my Profile.)

AsI noticed some other stuff with extended playtesting here's a little update:

1000 BC for Amra (1.1)

A special edition of 1000 BC for BTS for use with Amra v3 Basic, featuring 9 custom civs plus additional units from the mod.

Changes in 1.1:

- corrected Ethiopia/D'mt (now is a minor civ)
- disabled City Razing
- enabled Raging Barbarians
- some map editing (cities, units)
- NOTES updated.

Download remains here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8837
(with link to Amra's mod).

Screenshots pending!

@Kalimakhus: You're right ofcourse! (Got confused by Hatti, which is another name for the Hittites... Silly me!) Haven't changed the LH as Egypt already starts with a considerable advantage.

@JEELEN
Below are some screenshots of the 1000BC Scenaio. I couldn't email them to you as your profile is set up to not receive emails. Anyway, just click on the images you want and then save to your computer.

(I don't want e-mail? Sorry about that...) Great! Thanks! Posted nos. 1, 5 & 6 on the DL page:goodjob:

PS: I noticed a bit of a typo, I think: the Macedonian UU is referred to as Peltist - I know them as Peltast.

Hi there Amra!

Great mod:goodjob:, as always!
But the Magyar Heavy Horseman looks kinda funny....
It looks like 3 red igloos.

I have a pic on them but the easy upload are disabled at the moment...

Hi there Amra!

Great mod:goodjob:, as always!
But the Magyar Heavy Horseman looks kinda funny....
It looks like 3 red igloos.

I have a pic on them but the easy upload are disabled at the moment...
Thanks, I'll check it out (may just be an incorrect art path in xml) & include a fix for it in the upcoming 3.01 patch.

[EDIT] Checked & yes, the art path was wrong so that is fixed in the upcoming patch. Also, while looking at that, I found a problem with the Canadian Chariot art path & have fixed that as well. :crazyeye:

Tested 2 players multiplayers game, works perfectly.
Tested 3 players multiplayers game, 1 of the civ, always the same starts as "dead" with the message "you have been defeated" and the 2 others get an out of sync message...

Any idea why?

Thanks.

Tested 2 players multiplayers game, works perfectly.
Tested 3 players multiplayers game, 1 of the civ, always the same starts as "dead" with the message "you have been defeated" and the 2 others get an out of sync message...

Any idea why?

Thanks.
Hmmm... That may be something to do with the BUG Mod. I'll look thru their forum to see if it says anything about multiplayer compatiblity.

And thanks for the feedback. :goodjob:

Amra

I get the following everytime I try to load the mod.

Initialize Renderer Failed. Check DirectX Installation, Latest Graphics Drivers and Graphics Settings

Parameters:

Width = 1024
Height = 768
Flags = 0xc
Hwhd = 0x24014a
Abaptrid = 0
Deviceid = 1

Amra

I get the following everytime I try to load the mod.

Initialize Renderer Failed. Check DirectX Installation, Latest Graphics Drivers and Graphics Settings

Parameters:

Width = 1024
Height = 768
Flags = 0xc
Hwhd = 0x24014a
Abaptrid = 0
Deviceid = 1
I haven't seen that before. Is Beyond the Sword patched up to version 3.13? Do other mods work okay for you? Do you have the latest video card drivers & Directx version (9.0c)?

Beyond these items, I'm not sure what to check. :(

I haven't seen that before. Is Beyond the Sword patched up to version 3.13? Do other mods work okay for you? Do you have the latest video card drivers & Directx version (9.0c)?

Beyond these items, I'm not sure what to check. :(

Patched it to 3.13, The other mods are fine and the rest has been checked.

It loads fine until it gets to init eng, then I get the (Initialize Renderer Failed)error message.

Actually . . . I just checked my config and I am running approx 251Mb of video memory with a 1366x768 resolution which should accept almost any rendering. I would suggest that you check your DirectX version and your video memory. Although Civ4 BTS says thatyou only need 64Mb of video memory . . . you really do need double that at least to handle the graphics. That's my experience at least

Top Bottom