Black Icons & Textures on modded game

Estebanium

Prince
Hi guys,

I recently bought BNW and installed my lovely mods. The problem is, that I have strange black textures on resource icons or in some leader menus. Sometime it appears after a bit of time and sometimes directly at the beginning of the game. It often helps to save and load the game again, but sometimes it will crash. I'm not sure if this is a mod issue or something in the game itself. I attached two screenshots of the problem.

My Modlist:
Artificial Unintelligence (v 4)
Calypso's Colored Religious Icons (Basic) (v 4)
Captured Settlers Remain Settlers (v 1)
City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 24)
Custom Advanced Setup Screen (v 5)
DynamicEras (v 2)
Faster Aircraft Animations (v 3)
Food for Flatland cities (BNW or GK) (v 2)
Global Relations (v 7)
Historical Religions (BNW or GK) (v 51)
R.E.D. Modpack (v 27)
thecrazyscotsman's Omnibus Mod (v 9)
TSL Giant Map Gedemon (Cookie's version) (v 3)
Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 22)

If you need some log files or the like I will provide you with more information.

Thank you :)

Attachments

• 2014-10-18_00005.jpg
    2014-10-18_00005.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 783
  • 2014-10-18_00006.jpg
    2014-10-18_00006.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 338
Not every mod has been updated for BNW, so the most likely culprit is an obsolete mod or a mod conflict that cropped up in BNW. All I can advise is that you check each mod's revision history (including comments in Steam Workshop -- for example, comments on the crazy scotsman mod discuss some mod conflicts) and each mod's thread in this site's Creation & Customization forum. You can do trial and error, starting up a new game with only one mod, then another with two mods, etc., until you zero in on the incompatibility. Also, I note that the crazyscotsman's mod says that it replaces the Faster Aircraft Animations mod.

Ok I found out that some functions were not working because of EUI. I had to delete some TopPanel and CityView lua's. Furthermore I had to pay attention to the R.E.D. Mod's info:
"In case of graphical corruption, try to uncheck 'Use GPU texture decode' in the video options of the game."

Now everything works fine. Thank you anyway :)

Top Bottom