New Buildings Discussion

I don't. It is a national wonder because you really only need one building to provide all you need in your nation by then. There are a whole bunch of buildings that you only need one off to provide the needed resources, glassworks is probably the earliest I can think of. These buildings all just provide clutter to my view.

I am surprised we did not already convert it into a normal building. I like that idea.

It probably should be a normal building. 300 hammers is closer to a normal building than a National Wonder, and all of the other resource-providers that I remember from A New Dawn have been converted to normal buildings. Do you think it should keep the +10% military production, or should it just provide Ammunition?

On another note, I think we should remove the production bonuses from Siege Weapons Workshop and Cannon Forge, since there is never a chance when they won't apply -- and a bonus that there is no chance of not having shouldn't appear at all. The base hammer costs for those units are about appropriate to their category, but that's before the SWW/Cannon Forge kicks in.

I don't. It is a national wonder because you really only need one building to provide all you need in your nation by then. There are a whole bunch of buildings that you only need one off to provide the needed resources, glassworks is probably the earliest I can think of. These buildings all just provide clutter to my view.

Except that you can get a bonus from extra Ammunition with the Ultimate Soldiers corporation. I just thought I would add an Ammunition bonus to make it a central source for Industrial and up unit production. The Firearms and Ammunition resources covers just about all of the infantry units, and then I made it the Munitions Factory itself a requirement for artillery units.

Except that you can get a bonus from extra Ammunition with the Ultimate Soldiers corporation. I just thought I would add an Ammunition bonus to make it a central source for Industrial and up unit production. The Firearms and Ammunition resources covers just about all of the infantry units, and then I made it the Munitions Factory itself a requirement for artillery units.

Which means that that corporation is broken even more so when you can produce one ammuntion per city.

do we not alreday have enough buildings ? i mean tousand of tousands of buildings already in the game is a lot. there are smarter ways to express the use of new technologies by just reveal a new building. i think it is more important to expand the existing buildings than creating new ones. just be aware that every new building increase the turn times.

for the idea of building trees. what about a factory line ?
for example:
factory-manufacturing plant-nanite factory
i missed some factories in this example but in think you get it. of course we have to adjust the bonusses that every building get

another ideas for building chains
healers hut-- doctors office-- hospital-
shrine--temple--cathedral
town watch--sherif office-- police station
chemistry lab--chemical plant ( why should a build chemical plant that provides pollution when i can build a chemistry lab (which produced chemicals als well) without negative effects and a research boost !!)

@Kreatur

The upgrades should make sense if we have them. And some variety in buildings is what this mod is all about.

healers hut-- doctors office-- hospital-

You really want less health buildings?

shrine--temple--cathedral

Shrine has completely different stats and Cathedral is linked to temples and monasteries already. I like them how they are.

town watch--sherif office-- police station

I have another line of buildings I am going to be adding for the town watch to upgrade to.

chemistry lab--chemical plant ( why should a build chemical plant that provides pollution when i can build a chemistry lab (which produced chemicals als well) without negative effects and a research boost !!)

You have a point about the chemicals but I would like to keep the lab. But I am sort of stuck with the lab having to make chemicals since they are needed before the factory is invented. Maybe I could give the Alchemists Lab the ability to produce chemicals instead since it goes obsolete.

There are currently two lines

1) Healer's hut -> Doctor's office
2) Apothecary Shop -> Pharmacy

The Hospital is extra. @Kreatur Are you suggesting that some buildings like these should auto build ie Doctor's Office should auto build if you have a healers' Hut and all the other requirements?

As you pointed out in your "play as Joseph" game you had difficulty keeping the infrastructure built. That and what we are doing with "start in prehistoric" and in the future will be doing with "free on tech for new cities" is about keeping the infrastructure up to date.

Any upgrade where the overall value of the upgraded building is minimal should be considered for auto build. Especially where the obsolete route has been taken at the moment because you can and do loose access to resources for no reason. eg baskets, flour and paper!

@Kreatur

The upgrades should make sense if we have them. And some variety in buildings is what this mod is all about.

You really want less health buildings?

Shrine has completely different stats and Cathedral is linked to temples and monasteries already. I like them how they are.

I have another line of buildings I am going to be adding for the town watch to upgrade to.

You have a point about the chemicals but I would like to keep the lab. But I am sort of stuck with the lab having to make chemicals since they are needed before the factory is invented. Maybe I could give the Alchemists Lab the ability to produce chemicals instead since it goes obsolete.

if the hospital would replace the doctors office someone have to adjust the stats of the hospital, that it includes the health bonus of the doctors office + the bigger bonusses of the hospital. the amount of health of this new combined building chain would be not bigger ore smaller than if you build both buildings under the old system. you just have one building lees in the building list of your city

While I'm waiting for the massive Let's Play game to start, here are two new art buildings I plan to add to the SVN tomorrow. I'll also be adding House of Wisdom, Krak des Chevaliers, Madison Avenue and Advertising Agency, Pere Lachaise Cemetery, and Munitions Factory.

First is the Portrait Painter. This becomes available at Oil Painting. It offers a few small bonuses: +1 gold, +2 culture, +1 Artist slot, and +1 happy with Bourgeois. I felt that Bourgeois equated to a rising merchant class that would get happiness from portraits, while actual nobility would have their own court painters.
View attachment 335101

The Photography Studio replaces the Portrait Painter. It doubles the gold to +2 and the culture to +4 and provides the +1 happiness all the time. I have it require a Chemicals resource to cover the various substances required for photography.
View attachment 335102

What do you think of these two?

@Vokarya

That's funny I was thinking of making something involving Photogrpahy too, but I could not think of a good name. Nice job.

On my current todo list of soon to be released buildings ...

Spiritual
- Funeral Pyre

Transportation
- National Aircraft Museum
- Flight School
- National Railroad Museum
- Intelligent Pavement
- Highway (different from Expressway)

Vacation
- Motel
- Water Park

Craft
- Locksmith
- Cider House
- Deli
- Pizza Parlor

Health
- Orphanage
- Hostel
- Almshouse (upgrades to Retirement Home)

Law
- Bailwick

Science
- Planetarium (Cosmology tech)
- Museum of Humanity
- Alien Lab (maybe)

Farming
- Agrodome

Note that I try to do them in sets of 5 based on which mod folder they are in. Thus Transportation probably will be first since it has 5. Note that I just did ...

Sports
- Surf Shop
- Sports Shop
- Lacrosse Field
- Jai-Alai Court
- Curling Sheet

- Alien Lab (maybe)

Maybe you should call it "extraterristical life lab" or similar, because "alien lab" makes me thing about slightly green glowing humans with long and thin arms and legs and a very big had with big black eyes. So the standart human like alien that wants to invade earth.
I think the chance to found "alien" that are bacterial like is somewhat higher.

Top Bottom