Am I doing well?

JimBobV

Warlord
I just started a game on marathon, with a mod installed that kept the marathon tech research speed but set the production to epic speed. I was playing as Monty, and I just wanted to know if I was doing well, and if I should continue as I am.

Right now my only neighbor is Ethiopia, and Haile is in no position to be a threat. The screenshot below shows my current position, and the red square is where I want my next city to be.

Spoiler :

I had tremendous luck this game and managed to pull off two religious ruins in a row, which gave me a huge headstart towards it. I was third to found a religion, and things are going really well. I just want to know really where the best place to expand would be, and right now the spot in the sqaure is looking pretty good. What are your thoughts?

While the marble and the gems are nice, you're going to have to come to terms with the fact that city is never going to grow very large with just a sheep and a wheat. That's all desert by the looks of it, right?

That's gonna be just a small city, and you're gonna be buying buildings for it for the rest of it's life.

While the marble and the gems are nice, you're going to have to come to terms with the fact that city is never going to grow very large with just a sheep and a wheat. That's all desert by the looks of it, right?

That's gonna be just a small city, and you're gonna be buying buildings for it for the rest of it's life.

It will be a small city, but not as small as you think. Note the two grassland to the left of it.

Hold on; what mod are you using?
If I read correctly; the technology level stays, but the production ends up being like a standard game?

I'm not sure about that fourth city location - as others have said, it has very little food and will have a hard time growing. I'm having a hard time making out details to the North, but there's a promising looking area north-northwest of Tenochtitlan with what looks like 3 lake tiles and a Wine in Forest - that's more promising as a fourth city to me.

EDIT: As to your question, looks pretty good. That mod sounds interesting, tell me more about it.

If only you also had the mod that makes unique improvements available to all civs so you could also build terrace farms :p

I cant wait to try it.

Hold on; what mod are you using?
If I read correctly; the technology level stays, but the production ends up being like a standard game?

Almost correct. Everything(technology, policies, growth etc.) stays the same EXCEPT production, which is bumped down to epic. Great for empire building, super fun.

I'm not sure about that fourth city location - as others have said, it has very little food and will have a hard time growing. I'm having a hard time making out details to the North, but there's a promising looking area north-northwest of Tenochtitlan with what looks like 3 lake tiles and a Wine in Forest - that's more promising as a fourth city to me.

EDIT: As to your question, looks pretty good. That mod sounds interesting, tell me more about it.

I scoped out your suggestion for the fourth city, and indeed it would be a fine spot. I would have access to three lakes, an extra wine(I already have a copy) some dye, and a salt. Most of the terrain below the forest is grassland,so I could chop some of those down and make use of that.

Rolling Aztec and (apparently) not a single jungle around techno?
What madness is it!
0/10 for the roleplay OP :D

Btw there seems to be a very densed luxury map.
What the heck? 19 lux on 1 screen, with 9(!) of them differents!
And look at Wellington: 4, FOUR lux for a city state. I've never seen that on any CIV5 game I've ever played :O

By the look of it, it's is a world map with you been on Nort America? Were the ressources changed?

Rolling Aztec and (apparently) not a single jungle around techno?
What madness is it!
0/10 for the roleplay OP :D

Btw there seems to be a very dense luxury map.
What the heck? 19 lux on 1 screen, with 9(!) of them different!
And look at Wellington: 4, FOUR lux for a city state. I've never seen that on any CIV5 game I've ever played :O

By the look of it, it's is a world map with you been on North America? Were the resources changed?

It was a Earth map, but I left the luxuries untouched. I was pleased by the rather abundant supply of them, although there isn't a lot of them that are in good places. Still really good map roll though.

Top Bottom