First Deity win... (t306, Science)

glory7

King
I wanted to get a culture deity win, but it seemed that I might not win at all if I try that (would take at least 30 more turns...) so switched to safe science victory.

* warmonger hate seems bigger now

* you can rush SS parts with GE (order policy)

* usually it is safe to remain silent (abstain) at the congress or UN. You get lots of red modifier if you vote and somebody does not like it.

* Game pace is a lot slower. t300? at GnK AI would have won by t270.

* idealogy is a big deal. You got hit by crazy unhappiness if you do not have enough tourism (usually the case) and others adopt different idealogy.

* AI tends to backstab/denounce/DoW a lot more than before.

* peaceful victory became much more reliable and easier, compared to aggresive plays.

screenshots attached. Let me know if you have any comments/questions.

Attachments

• 2013-07-10_00001.jpg
    2013-07-10_00001.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 1,066
  • 2013-07-10_00004.jpg
    2013-07-10_00004.jpg
    457.5 KB · Views: 617
  • 2013-07-10_00007.jpg
    2013-07-10_00007.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 487
  • 2013-07-10_00003.jpg
    2013-07-10_00003.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 416
Was about to say: you reached turn 300 on Deity without the Earth becoming a giant ball of radioactive dust? AI teching must be slowed quite a bit, then.

Was about to say: you reached turn 300 on Deity without the Earth becoming a giant ball of radioactive dust? AI teching must be slowed quite a bit, then.

The 5% penalty per city has hit them decently (or at least it curves out the complete runaways) and happiness seems to be a thing for them now. Not a huge thing mind you, but enough of a thing to where they don't seem to be ballooning as fast.

I see that archer guarding Brasilia. :lol:
Well done! Who were your biggest threats culturally and scientifically?

Yeah i'm also have a feeling that the AI is easier too. He didnt win pre 300, but you didnt also.

Pangea maps should favor both camps for better and early trades(especially food ones). But i never passed the turn 150.

Sounds kind of worrying that you were unable to get a cultural victory with Brazil. Just out of interest how many GA's were you able to get when you had decent tourism? Also were you able to pick un any of the wonders you needed like the Louvre or does the AI make picking them up really difficult without re-rolling? GG btw.

Looks like an island map? difficulty is usually 1 lower overall for the A.I. when there is a huge % of the world in ocean.

How did the Information Era feel when you finally got there and the UN came under affect? It seems to me that with World Leader votes starting immediately into the Info Era it would make science victory almost impossible unless you went freedom or order to rush or buy the spaceship parts. Do you essentially always have to prevent someone from having the capability to win on the first meeting of the UN in order to go for a SV?

Top Bottom