Replies to denouncements

Oh yes, here's another example where I don't know what difference it makes (see attachment). Is it the same story, or does it matter in this case?

Attachments

• 2014-03-02_00001.jpg
    2014-03-02_00001.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 382
Oh yes, here's another example where I don't know what difference it makes (see attachment). Is it the same story, or does it matter in this case?

i believe it is the same because, if u answer 'get over it' they will be pissed obviously. If u answer 'we are sorry' they still are pissed!

I have many times on immortal answered imsorry but then few turns later that AI dowed me(and get owned)

I would so believe until someone else comes by and proves otherwise ;) Will get back and piss off England while I take all the CSs on the newly discovered continent. Greek with a lot of money is a good combination for winning a peaceful diplomatic victory I hope :)

i believe it is the same because, if u answer 'get over it' they will be pissed obviously. If u answer 'we are sorry' they still are pissed!

I have many times on immortal answered imsorry but then few turns later that AI dowed me(and get owned)

i notice elizabeth is neutral in the pic. i have had different response to the sorry this has caused divide when the nation who approached (pretty much all of them in the game i got going atm) are friendly. they tended to reply (i forget exactly what they said) along the lines that they were pleased at our response , it didnt seem to negatively affect how they felt. i get this sometimes when i become friends with a CS after completing a quest they want done; their ally says they note how friendly we are with the CS but they advise we leave the protection to them. i say were sorry this has caused a divide and sometimes they say they are pleased. but we still friends later.

I've got a mod installed that shows the exact values behind all those modifiers - they don't change in the slightest for either button in those cases. The ones that actually do matter:

1) When they bully a City-state under your protection: If you don't look the other way, you get a negative modifier with them. If you do, you give up protection and lose Influence with the CS.

2) When they ask you to denounce someone: if you don't go along with it, you'll be denounced.

3) When they ask you to stop doing something.
  • If you say you'll stop, and do, it's a small negative.
  • If you say you won't stop, it's a big negative.
  • If you say you'll stop, but don't, it's a MASSIVE negative.

Other than that, there's a bunch of ones that don't matter in the slightest.

from what u say it sounds like the system is only half implemented. there are options which response doesnt matter because there wasnt any coding done to make them have any meaning

I've got a mod installed that shows the exact values behind all those modifiers - they don't change in the slightest for either button in those cases. The ones that actually do matter:

1) When they bully a City-state under your protection: If you don't look the other way, you get a negative modifier with them. If you do, you give up protection and lose Influence with the CS.

2) When they ask you to denounce someone: if you don't go along with it, you'll be denounced.

3) When they ask you to stop doing something.
  • If you say you'll stop, and do, it's a small negative.
  • If you say you won't stop, it's a big negative.
  • If you say you'll stop, but don't, it's a MASSIVE negative.

Other than that, there's a bunch of ones that don't matter in the slightest.
Very detailed explanation - I like that, thank you!

this is a bit off topic but i once asked hiawatha not to settle near me and i got a reply that i needed to learn what diplomacy is?? i also seem to imagine a laugh. not sure if the message said he was laughing at me but when i remember it now i seem to hear him laugh at my idiocy and say it.

Not sure, but don't think such a reply will give you negative relations. This is just a way to say no. But all those different animations due to the many leaders available in the game is something that really does make Civ5 an even better game.

Sendt fra min HTC One med Tapatalk

I wish we had an open dialogue box, and we could type in whatever we wanted since the end result is the same anyways.

Pretty sure it's just a flavor thing. Would be interesting if they did do something, though.

If it's going to be a flavour/rp thing, then why can't we randomly insult the AI the way they do with us? And they aren't even good insults! "Oh look, it's my favourite city-state," is especially bad.

So, is the answer to this one unknown code-wise? It seems to not make a difference for diplo score, but perhaps AI will be slightly more likely to expect DoW from you and move their soldiers to keep cities near you defended?

If it's going to be a flavour/rp thing, then why can't we randomly insult the AI the way they do with us? And they aren't even good insults! "Oh look, it's my favourite city-state," is especially bad.
Those insults are just quotes. Basically it just says you've been denounced or something different. You have the same options against the AI, but just not the same words as such.

I will listen to a denouncement, answer "very well"; start building units to cover the projected losses (cost-of-doing-business), to reply with MY denouncement, followed by, when I'm ready, a DW on said Bozo .
Big dogs still bark; they also BITE .

Those insults are just quotes. Basically it just says you've been denounced or something different. You have the same options against the AI, but just not the same words as such.

I think that they're also intended to give you heads up about your position in the game. You'll notice that you'll also get complements from your friends. Either way, they'll refer to your military strength, economy, culture (that one always makes me LOL, "What do you guys do for fun over there, play with rocks?") size, treatment of CS's, or War Mongering.

Top Bottom