The Queen of Battle

ltccone

Prince
I was fighting a war against the Americans as Assyria, and we were just about even in tech with cavalry, gatling guns, and rifleman. But the decisive difference was they had cannon, and I had artillery.

It was decisive. With the range and the indirect fire capability I stormed through half a dozen American cites in 25 or so turns, even though the numbers of cavalry and infantry were even at the beginning.

Artillery isn't called the 'queen of battle' for nothing!

Artillery is the Final word of Kings, not Queens.

On the breech of every cannon cast in Prussia for Frederick the Great was imprinted the phrase: "Ultimata Regio Regis" - The Last Argument of Kings.
Since any king, if he's smart, also let's his Queen win any arguments, artillery is both the Queen of Battle and the Last Argument of Kings

On the breech of every cannon cast in Prussia for Frederick the Great was imprinted the phrase: "Ultimata Regio Regis" - The Last Argument of Kings.
Since any king, if he's smart, also let's his Queen win any arguments, artillery is both the Queen of Battle and the Last Argument of Kings

Henry the 8th would disagree. :king:

Henry the 8th would disagree. :king:

- and Henry was succeeded by one sickly son (Eddy the VI), two Queens (Mary and Elizabeth), and an army notably deficient in artillery.

Good sir, you offend my infantry sensibilities. We infantrymen are the Queen of Battle, whereas our artillery brethren are the King. Anyway, I must agree with you that artillery is fantastic.

Good sir, you offend my infantry sensibilities. We infantrymen are the Queen of Battle, whereas our artillery brethren are the King. Anyway, I must agree with you that artillery is fantastic.

LOL. You have to forgive me for getting them backwards. I was in Transportation. Combat Arms types wouldn't associate with us. ;)

One of the nicknames for Trebuchet is "Queen of the Battlefield". Off topic, but I had to tell you.

I love artillery, I'll cripple myself just to get it before the AI. Add in brandenburg Gate andheroic epic.. and suddenly your Artillery are gods of destruction. Just Got them in my current diety/marathon game. Proceeding to annihilate the sci and culture leaders at the same time. Their knights/xbows/longswords/cannons and musketmen don't stand a chance, especially now that 3 of the artillery picked up logistics. I bet they wish they hadn't gone Aesthetics and taken all the culture wonders.

I love artillery, I'll cripple myself just to get it before the AI. Add in brandenburg Gate andheroic epic.. and suddenly your Artillery are gods of destruction. Just Got them in my current diety/marathon game. Proceeding to annihilate the sci and culture leaders at the same time. Their knights/xbows/longswords/cannons and musketmen don't stand a chance, especially now that 3 of the artillery picked up logistics. I bet they wish they hadn't gone Aesthetics and taken all the culture wonders.

It is definitely worth doing anything you have to, to get artillery before any other civ.

That`s the silliest thing I ever heard.

Top Bottom