Has anyone failed rig an election in a City-State?

Uncle_Joe

Prince
So far, in 3 games with heavy spy usage to CS's, I have yet to ever fail the rigging of elections.

I know it happened from time to time in G&K but I haven't seen it happen in BNW. I'm just curious because there is a Ideology policy that doubles the chance of it working, but if it never fails, why would you need it?

Am I missing something?

The only time I have ever seen it fail that I can recall is that there was some other civ also doing it and it says something like my influence fell etc. Maybe it means if you are fighting with another civ over influence?

It does fail to happen in BNW. I seen it happen to the AI. It said something along the lines that my influence brought me too much support so the rig was not successful.

You can fail if there is an opposing spy in the CS. I think that only one spy can succeed in rigging the elections each time.

In BNW the AI seems to put some of their spys as diplomats, thus having less free for spy duties in City States.

You can fail if there is an opposing spy in the CS. I think that only one spy can succeed in rigging the elections each time.

In BNW the AI seems to put some of their spys as diplomats, thus having less free for spy duties in City States.

That must be it, thanks!

Maybe Civs need to get more spies now? I feel like it's way too easy to get a firm hold on the CS's and hang onto them for the rest of the game leading to a lot of bonuses and a lot of vote (and sometimes an easy Diplo Victory).

Just had that happen in a recent game of mine. I had over 400 influence with the city state, and my spy had been there for eternity. Then suddenly I couldn't rig the elections there. My influence didn't drop that much, but I could not rig the election.

I'm not exactly sure, but I believe that an election will fail if the other spy is more experienced, or is there for longer.

I do however notice that spies on Warlord love to live in my capital... which reminds me :

Mongolia has stolen Philosophy
France has stolen Optics
??? has stolen Drama and Poetry

I'm researching.. dunno, Industralization? Radio?

And see this (should've capped it)

Mongolia has entered MEDIEVAL era :| lol fail.

In G&K; yup, failed rigs happened often enough. When it did, if I had a better spy I would swap out the spies.
If not, I'd instead send the spy to some city that the AI didn't try to rig.

In BNW, currently I'm only in Industrial age and with one designated to stay in the capital and me really needing to know what Babylon is thinking for World Congress votes I have no spies to spare for city states.
So far, none of the AIs have tried to rig a city state either but none of them have reached Industrial era yet.

Top Bottom