Two civs winning on the same turn

rbj2001

Warlord
Aaarrrgghh. Was cruising to an epic Space Race victory, when with "1 turn to victory", Sitting Bull pulls off an unexpected Cultural victory. :mad:

Was wondering what would have happened if we'd both "won" on the same turn?

(Incidentally, it's funny how since I lost, I score about 5,000 points and have the leadership ability of Louis XIV, whereas if Sitting Bull had been a couple of turns slower, I'd have got about 50,000 points and the skills of Augustus Caesar!)

I once had a game where the AI (don't recall who it was) and myself both completed the space race on the same turn. In that case the AI won.

I think that happens that way because the AI's turns get processed before the player's turn in the game engine. The AI who wins gets processed first and "poof!" - game over. :(

One could world builder a situation to prove that the position on the list determines the results of same-turn wins.

The human player, being player 1, always wins if they win on the same turn as the AI.

The AI beating you by 1 turn, means it beat you by 1 turn, not that you won on the same turn and its turn processed first.

It depends on the victory condition as well. If you're using GAs to finish your third Legendary city, you're pressing an instant win button. Diplo wins seem to be calculated at the start of player one's turn - which raises the question of which is calculated first when they all happen in the same turn: your third legendary city gaining enough culture to go Legendary; your ship reaching Alpha Centauri; or the AP declaring Toku Space Pope?

On top of that, MP turns are usually simultaneous. It's a marginal issue, but it'd be nice to know what the priority is.

The human player, being player 1, always wins if they win on the same turn as the AI.

The AI beating you by 1 turn, means it beat you by 1 turn, not that you won on the same turn and its turn processed first.

Yes. Same as in Civ3. Happened to me once when the AI and I finished the space race in a dead heat. Hasn't happened yet in 4.

If you're using GAs to finish your third Legendary city, you're pressing an instant win button. Diplo wins seem to be calculated at the start of player one's turn - which raises the question of which is calculated first when they all happen in the same turn: your third legendary city gaining enough culture to go Legendary; your ship reaching Alpha Centauri; or the AP declaring Toku Space Pope?
Victory is checked for at start of turn. If you use culture bombs to get the last city legendary, you win the next turn. If multiple victory conditions are fulfilled at the start of your turn it's a coin flip.

Top Bottom