Most hated leader

Bismark declared on me at friendly with a defensive pact!!!!!!

Sitting Bull is up there... The only good thing about him is that he's a lightning rod for nearby warmongers. But other than that, he's Protective, spams units like crazy, makes tons of threatening demands, and send spies to poison your water until the end of time.

Yeah, Sitting Bull and Zara are my most hated. Sitting Bull...exactly what you said. He makes too many arrogant demands and then eventually gets pissed off that I won't give him free Iron or 200 gold for nothing and ends up going to war with me. He won't plot war against you at Pleased but since he constantly comes knocking on your door threatening you for free crap...

Meanwhile, although Zara isn't quite a warmonger like Shaka, Genghis Khan, Montezuma, etc., whenever I play with him he always expands like crazy, goes to war with people and vassalizes them, and then repeats the process. I had one game where I didn't meet him right away since he was on another continent, and by the time I met him he already owned almost half of his continent and vassalized Napoleon, then vassilized Lincoln somehow (across the world on my continent, lost like 2 cities to him, and then pathetically gave up afterward) , and then at Pleased launched a war against me. Last time I ever became friends with that SOB, now I just try and wipe him out ASAP. At least the warmongers tend to fall way behind in tech, Zara still manages to keep up in it.

Shaka, Monty and Sitting Bull. Shaka is one of the most dangerous, Monty is simply crazy, but most of the times he's just annoying and Sitting Bull is REALLY annoying.

I don't understand why all you guys hate so much good old Toku. I really love him, in most of my games I try to befriend him, he's really usefull as ally or vassal (if I can't befriend him i vassalize him), he's not a treath for culture, not dangerous as techer, he build solid armies, but outdated most of the times. He hate ALL THE WORLD, so you can ALWAYS bribe him to declare, give him some nasty good military tech and he's really good ally. And he will NEVER trade your tecnologies to anyone. Best buddy :)

I don't understand why all you guys hate so much good old Toku. I really love him, in most of my games I try to befriend him, he's really usefull as ally or vassal (if I can't befriend him i vassalize him), he's not a treath for culture, not dangerous as techer, he build solid armies, but outdated most of the times. He hate ALL THE WORLD, so you can ALWAYS bribe him to declare, give him some nasty good military tech and he's really good ally. And he will NEVER trade your tecnologies to anyone. Best buddy
Yeah, I don't understand the Tokugawa hate. He usually falls behind in tech really quickly, and although he might not be buddies with you, chances are he won't be friends with anyone else either. Usually he makes one friend (always seems to be one of the crazy/"loose cannon" types of leaders like Ragnar or Montezuma) and then hates everyone else and is usually too busy threatening other people or going to war with someone else to bother fighting you. And if you do befriend him, he's a good buddy.

Shaka, Monty and Sitting Bull. Shaka is one of the most dangerous, Monty is simply crazy, but most of the times he's just annoying and Sitting Bull is REALLY annoying.

I don't understand why all you guys hate so much good old Toku. I really love him, in most of my games I try to befriend him, he's really usefull as ally or vassal (if I can't befriend him i vassalize him), he's not a treath for culture, not dangerous as techer, he build solid armies, but outdated most of the times. He hate ALL THE WORLD, so you can ALWAYS bribe him to declare, give him some nasty good military tech and he's really good ally. And he will NEVER trade your tecnologies to anyone. Best buddy :)

I don't hate Shaka. I respect him and he is quite dangerous. Monty is crazy, but he doesn't really annoy me (unless he's next door, then he has to die) and isn't that dangerous is you're ready for the maniac. Sitting Bull I just HATE. Very hard to kill and he just keeps poisoning your water. I hate getting the "water poisoned" event over and over and OVER . . .

I agree about Toku. He just kind of sits there minding his own, backwards business.

Justinian never makes an army. So squish him.

Yeah. No.

For someone who's been on the forum several years longer than I have, you should know better. This is completely false.

Justinian holds a 30 unitprob - ahead of the average, and only 5 behind montezuma/toku/alex/genghis khan/sitting bull/etc. He builds just as many units as zara, gilgamesh, etc and as a zealot is quite likely to mass up for a heathen beatdown. He's basically super-izzy.

Gilgamesh for me. CRE is annoying in a neighbour, PRO makes it harder to dislodge him, not extreme enough personality-wise to put to good use (I actually prefer the unhinged ones) but not a doormat either. Competent enough to remain a thorn in my side.

Frederick on Earth18, the Germans expand into Asia by making open borders with the Russians - very hard to conquer when their empire is split up. Saladin too, as usually has has a puny army but a lot of allies.

Shaka is quite annoying, but this comes from his brute warmongering power. I'd say that what can be mistaken for an annoyance is actually a fear of Shaka. The same can be said for Ragnar and Catherine, and many others - they are effective at being an AI, but not necessarily annoying.

Sitting Bull would be annoying. A protective leader that summons WAY too many units to kill off without amounting heavy casualties of your own and poisons your water every day of the week would be annoying.

I might be contradicting my own statement above, but the only other leader that really annoys me is Joao. Building 10 cities pre AD, and shoving more and more of them into every cranny of EVERYONE'S empire is extremely annoying. Oh and the demands!!! NO, I will not convert to Buddhism (frankly because most of the time the Hindu Monty is right next to me), and I'll take the stupid demerit so you WILL declare war on me. Then I will strap your 4 limbs to 4 ceremonial chariots, leaving a still living body. And then, I will crush his head into paste and remove his organs, and his head paste will be sent to be made into glue (or, it can be sold on eBay).

Leaving on a bright note, I like Monty. Surprisingly, he does little to harm me early on, and if I share the religion we usually hunt the nearest Buddhist (Isabella, no offense to any Buddhists) and have some beers and a jolly good time.

Shaka is quite annoying, but this comes from his brute warmongering power. I'd say that what can be mistaken for an annoyance is actually a fear of Shaka. The same can be said for Ragnar and Catherine, and many others - they are effective at being an AI, but not necessarily annoying.

Sitting Bull would be annoying. A protective leader that summons WAY too many units to kill off without amounting heavy casualties of your own and poisons your water every day of the week would be annoying.

I might be contradicting my own statement above, but the only other leader that really annoys me is Joao. Building 10 cities pre AD, and shoving more and more of them into every cranny of EVERYONE'S empire is extremely annoying. Oh and the demands!!! NO, I will not convert to Buddhism (frankly because most of the time the Hindu Monty is right next to me), and I'll take the stupid demerit so you WILL declare war on me. Then I will strap your 4 limbs to 4 ceremonial chariots, leaving a still living body. And then, I will crush his head into paste and remove his organs, and his head paste will be sent to be made into glue (or, it can be sold on eBay).

Leaving on a bright note, I like Monty. Surprisingly, he does little to harm me early on, and if I share the religion we usually hunt the nearest Buddhist (Isabella, no offense to any Buddhists) and have some beers and a jolly good time.
......Or he'll backstab you if you don't bribe him into war early enough :(...

Saladin. In my first game, we were constantly at war. That game, I discovered how much other leaders hate you using nukes.:nuke:=:mad:
I also hate Montezuma for declaring war on Roosevelt in the Earth 18 civs map.

A solution to all your problems: be whoever you hate.:p

That would make it boring. I sometimes go to custom game, and just make a game of me VS all warmongers lol.

......Or he'll backstab you if you don't bribe him into war early enough :(...

Yes, this is the one bad thing about him. But, his AI logic is so irrational, he will attack anyone who he is annoyed with in a heartbeat, almost disregarding the power rating. Just keeping the power rate on par with his will help to prevent war, and if he DoW's me, the power will help me to overcome his immense number of (usually) obsolete units. Plus, I don't think he plans war at Friendly, right? I usually get to Pleased/Friendly with Monty.

In the early, pre AD phase though, you are absolutely right, and he can get annoying. But, I've usually been able to take the hit and move on (play on Warlord/Noble, yeah I'm not that great).

Resurrection time. I wanted to vent my anger somewhere and I figured "no need to create a new thread".

SURYAVARMAN. That guy. Aggressive, good techer, expands like crazy, beelines jumbos. Terrrible combo. And for some reason the "random" selection of leaders gives him often.

Speaking of backstabs, Cathy can be nasty. She can be bribed into war, even if you are friendly with her! :mad:

I don't hate the warmongers, because they're predictable and can be addressed. I hate the AIs who settle every little worthless tile of land. Looking at you, Joao.

Sitting Bull. I'm not sure if it's just me or? But he loves to drop a city on my borders, if he can, almost every time shortly after we meet. He kind of guarantees early border tension, then makes insane demands. He's sneaky and a royal PITA.

I hate the AIs who settle every little worthless tile of land. Looking at you, Joao.

I agree that Joao is a pain, albeit a rather squishy one at that.

By far my least favourite is Alex, mainly because he seems to DoW me with far more regularity early game than anyone else, often marching across a continent ignoring other AIs who he is just as lukewarm with or even less pleased with.

I don't worry too much about most warmongers as neighbours, as you can kind of predict an early DoW somewhere down the line and plan for it, it's more the passive aggressive gits like Sitting Bull/Louis/Izzy that annoy me more.

Top Bottom