HOF victory conditions and scores

lincoln492

Chieftain
Hello,
I was just wondering what the s (5?) Col victory condition is. Is it the landing a ship on Alpha Centauri, or is it establishing 5 colonies. I notice it is only available for BtS. I was also wondering about the scores for score and time. Are they raw scores or normalized scores?

Thanks in advance.

Space Colony is the name for the BtS Space Race. Those disciplines got 2 different names, so one can distinguish them, just like traditional Culture and Culture via Espionage will have with BUFFY 3.19.004, so Space Colony = Alpha Centauri.

Scores are the scores from the victory screen, not sure what normalized and raw scores are, but when you win a game, the score that pops up is the one that will be listed in the HoF tables. It can also be seen by hoovering over one's own CIV, it says "score if winning this turn" or similar.

And you're welcome :)

Is it the landing a ship on Alpha Centauri, or is it establishing 5 colonies. I notice it is only available for BtS.
In Vanilla and Warlords you win the game when the Spaceship is launched but in BtS it's when your Spaceship arrives at Alpha Centauri. Space wins cannot be compared from BtS to the other games because of this different way of counting (e.g. it's 30 turns on Marathon!) so they are split in the Hall of Fame.

I was also wondering about the scores for score and time. Are they raw scores or normalized scores?

HoF score slots are games with the highest normalized scort that finish with a victory condition other than time, i.e. finishing before 2050 AD.

Time victory scores are base scores. There is no normalization since the game was not won before 2050 AD.

Not exactly the same question as this thread, but seemed a waste to start a whole new one.

Could anyone tell me which game versions allow for / are HOF eligible for "Space" victory? Is it both Vanilla Civ: v.1.74 with version 1.74.004 of the HOF Mod and Warlords: v.2.13 with the version 2.13.004 of the HOF Mod? (copied from here - http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/rules.php)

Also, having just tested out Vanilla 1.74 (so long since I've played it...), I was wondering if the controls are quite awkward for other people too? I found myself misclicking quite a lot when giving worker orders. Is it better to play in full screen? Or (if allowed) is Warlords better? Or any other advice to solve this? If not I'll just live with it, only need to play a couple of games. :)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Could anyone tell me which game versions allow for / are HOF eligible for "Space" victory? Is it both Vanilla Civ: v.1.74 with version 1.74.004 of the HOF Mod and Warlords: v.2.13 with the version 2.13.004 of the HOF Mod? (copied from here - http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/rules.php)
That's right - in BtS you don't win Space until your ship arrives whereas in Vanilla and Warlords it's when it launched.

Can't comment on controls etc as I only play BTS.

Controls in Vanilla / Warlords are definitely worse, the missing possibility to pre-chop is so hard already. I btw always play fullscreen, don't know how to handle scrolling well when playing in a Window. I also want my full concentration on CIV, seeing otjer thinga I' just find disturbing.

The question whether Vanilla or Warlords is better I've asked several times already, but mobody seems to know the answer.

Top Bottom