Game Freeze

historygeek

Chieftain
hey all,

Just joined the Forum here so I can ask a question. I've been a Civ 2 fan for years, and lately I've run into a problem. As the game winds down-usually around the mid-late 20th century A.D., the game freezes on me, irretrievably. Usually seems to happen when I am moving a unit, and it's passing through another of my units. I get an error message that something horrible has happened and the application has to quit. Unless I reboot the computer, it won't even allow me to try and start Civ. again. Even then, I usually can't find the game I was playing, no matter how many times I saved it. Drives me nuts when I have an awesome game going, and then lose it! I thought that perhaps a glitch developed, and did a reinstall. No dice. Then I even bought another disc online, reinstalled again. Nothing has worked. Any suggestions would be appreciated from the bottom of my heart.

historygeek said:
hey all,

Just joined the Forum here so I can ask a question. I've been a Civ 2 fan for years, and lately I've run into a problem. As the game winds down-usually around the mid-late 20th century A.D., the game freezes on me, irretrievably. Usually seems to happen when I am moving a unit, and it's passing through another of my units. I get an error message that something horrible has happened and the application has to quit. Unless I reboot the computer, it won't even allow me to try and start Civ. again. Even then, I usually can't find the game I was playing, no matter how many times I saved it. Drives me nuts when I have an awesome game going, and then lose it! I thought that perhaps a glitch developed, and did a reinstall. No dice. Then I even bought another disc online, reinstalled again. Nothing has worked. Any suggestions would be appreciated from the bottom of my heart.

Could be your computer is getting old and having errors.

Have you defragged the hard disc, vacummed the filters and
run diagnostics, and are you running on the latest Civ2 patch?

Top Bottom