MP modding?

Shenecek

Chieftain
Hello,

Can any MODS be used in multuplayer LAN games?

And if so does a MOD exist where everyone starts on their own but can form an alliance to win together? the main reason for this is that the shared technology point really annoy me a lot.

Thanks for help.

Thanks.

I got a followup question. Is there a way to play scenarios? Specifically we would like to play a game with fixed starting positions in MP, but it does not seem to be possible. Or is it?

No scenarios yet as far as I know. It's a shame, they would be perfect for multiplayer - especially the effectively two-player ones like the American Civil War scenario.

I have read a way of implementing mods into the MP game by overwriting the core data of the game effenctively making the game think that the mods are not mods. Could not something similar be done with the scenario data?

I have just started reading about the lua and modding, so it might be a lame question, but it is worth asking.

I don't know about scenarios, but I've been playing with tons of mods in my games with friends. It's amazingly simple actually to get it working. Download the sdk from steam tools, put civ into Windowed mode, download I think it's called mp mod maker, or maybe mp map maker I forget which exactly. Load firetuner up from the sdk, start civ, setup the mods you want, run a simple command in firetuner on the console, and bam you have working mods. All you do then is send the modpack you created by running the command to your friends, and you have working mods.

It sounds way more complicated or tedious than it actually is. If you look at the instructions posted somewhere on this site, you can get it running in no time at all. It takes me more time to enable and click through all the mods I want than it does to actually set the whole thing up.

Last I checked the mp mod maker doesn't work with the enhanced UI "mod", which is a complete deal breaker for me.

Top Bottom