Mods stuck at Transferring.

kongkim

Chieftain
Hi all i really hope you can help me in here.

I have used steam mods for a long time. And here today out of nothing they stopped working. They get stuck at Transferring and nothing happens from there.

I have ask on the steam forum but got no help that worked and i have searched your forum here and the Web with out finding any solution :sad:

I have all DLC available to Civ5.
I have tried deleting the chach files and reinstalling the game.
I have removed and unsub all mods and tried to add them again.
I Even tried installing one mod at the time.

But at some point they show they will start downloading, but nothing happens they stand on 0kb for some time and then switch to say "Transferring" and they get stuck there.?

Im out of ideers here.

kongkim.

Have you changed anything with your firewall recently? I know that can cause some problems.

No its the same as always :(
Can see around the net that im not alone with this problem but no one know how to fix it :(

Steam's rubbish. You could check in your MODS folder (normally \Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS) whether Steam has at least downloaded the mod.
It could be in there as a .civ5mod file, which I think is the whole mod unpacked, which your game can't read in that form. Try unpacking it manually, using something like 7-zip (Steam should unpack the file automatically, but often fails).
Unpacked, there at least needs to be a .modinfo file. Some mods have just that, others have a bunch of files. Once you see that, it means it's now unpacked, your game can read it and it should come up in your in-game mod cache.
If you don't even see a .civ5mod file, you have to download the mod manually. I don't know if that's somehow possible from Steam, you could try looking for the mod here on Civfanatics in the modding section. Some modders only upload on Steam, some only on Civfanatics, some on both.

Hi thx for the answer :)

But it completely stops downloading some of the mods. So they do not get downloaded to the mod folder :/

Try a different internet connection?

Hey kongkim, lot of time has passed but for the future for anyone having this problem, what you have to do is go into Steam settings at the upper left, click on downloads and select a different region close to you. switching to a different region will most likely fix the problem. It did for me, I had the same problem.

Top Bottom