How to Stop Barb Minor Civs?

Cruor

Chieftain
I'm playing Civ 4 again after years away, I remember loving the RoM mod and I see its still being worked on so I downloaded it.

I like to play on real world maps like Huge Earth, Europe, Asia, etc. I make or edit my own maps and try to place resources to make realistic trade. I also like plunking down well fortified barb cities in certain spots as either a prize to be taken with good resources or just put in a smart place for the AI to capture later so they cant found a city in a stupid spot.

Anyway, once a city is hitting 3 pop it is becoming a minor civ, and is ruining what I have set up. (for example I made a barb city on Cypris named Nicocia and it became Washington) I went into RoM options in game, and set min pop for barbs to settle up to 10, didn't help. I do not remember this feature in the original RoM and I'm not liking it here. Is there any way I can turn it off, or at least make it so i takes a higher population city or X turns for a barb city to become a minor civ?

I found the game option to turn off barbarian civs, and I have. I would not mind a city eventually becoming a civ but Id prefer it to be MUCH later down the line then it has been happening. What file so I need to edit to make min size city 8 or so?

It should be in the BUG options. City size and number of nations that have met the barbarian city are two of the parameters there.

Top Bottom