A lot of new info from a German article

Regarding Ideologies

It was cleary stated that each Ideology has no suited victory for them, you pick and match each one to suit your gameplay and your victory, so Order is no longer suited for Science victory, Freedom no longer for Cultural, and Autocracy is no longer suited for for Domination, they are all suited for all 4 types of victories if you pick the right tenets.

Regarding Ideologies

It was cleary stated that each Ideology has no suited victory for them, you pick and match each one to suit your gameplay and your victory, so Order is no longer suited for Science victory, Freedom no longer for Cultural, and Autocracy is no longer suited for for Domination, they are all suited for all 4 types of victories if you pick the right tenets.

Yes, which is good: it means you can switch to a different ideology (because of World Congress, or pressure from a neighbouring civ) and still be able to go for your desired victory type.

I think the ideologies are mapped to a style of play: heavily militarised for Autocracy, wide and industrialised for Order, cultural and more diplomatic for Freedom. Although we may find that different victories favour different approaches (Autocracy will almost certainly still be the most natural choice for a Domination player), it's good to have options (like the Iron Curtain tenet in Order, and the Foreign Legions in Freedom).

It will make for a far less railroaded game of always picking the obvious, optimal choices.

i thought "pro"-civ was more in the sense of "established along the civ series".
is there any civ that might fulfill that criteria?

they also talked about the ai improvements and it shined through that dennis didnt quite convince them about the improvements in that area.

i thought "pro"-civ was more in the sense of "established along the civ series".
is there any civ that might fulfill that criteria?

they also talked about the ai improvements and it shined through that dennis didnt quite convince them about the improvements in that area.

I can't think of any long time civ-series civ missing other then Sumer, which is out because Ur is CS, and maybe the Sioux, but I don't think a journalist would call them a "pro-civ".
I think the pro-civ is going to be this addon's big Dark Horse, which will surprise us all. I have no idea who that could be. :dunno:

The Hittites were in Civ III, but I doubt they'll be in, considering Assyria, and I don't think a scenario-specific civ is going to make it to the full game, sadly. No, I think pro means something else in this case...

The player being first to unlock an ideology policy gets 2 policies for free

This is brilliant, frankly. If you're the second or third to meet the requirements it will be very tough not to be tempted to open a "new" ideology even if your preferred ideology has been taken. A great way to ensure that all three get unlocked and used.

Hopefully decisions from the WC can be ignored/defied too. With diplomatic and/military repurcussions...

I'm pleased the Foreign Legion hasn't been cut from the game altogether.

This pretty much seals it for me that the Château is a new French UI.

You know there are a lot of German speakers that frequent this forum, right?

Allerdings müsst ihr entweder das Moderne Zeitalter erreicht oder aber drei Fabriken erbaut haben, bevor ihr die erste „Ideologie-Politik“ wählen könnt.

"either reach the modern era or have built three factories before you can choose your first Ideology"

And it is still Industrial, as long as you build the factories. I think the modern era part may simply be for those who don't have access to coal.

They're unlocked either by entering the modern era or by building three factories(which is in the industrial era).

Edit: Ninja'ed by Matthew. :ninja:

And this one says the "ideology trees are unlocked sometime between the industrial age and before the start of the modern age."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7PP2o9njuA

Which I think very much describes the requirement listed in the article, three factories OR the start of the Modern Era.

There's nothing intrinsically bad about the information being a translation, because the translation has been made by natural Germans, who are familiar with Civilization. If it had been Google Translate, then you might have had a point.

They're unlocked either by entering the modern era or by building three factories(which is in the industrial era).

Edit: Ninja'ed by Matthew. :ninja:

Ah, very true. For some reason I was thinking it was "AND three factories."

So yeah, it does go along with everything we already know.

Well, if diplomatic isn't the economic victory anymore, space race could be with that freedom tenet.

Which is why I think a economic victory mod is in order.

Reach 10,000 gold, control X% of the world's luxary resources, and establish max amount of trade routes?

Isn't gunboat diplomacy in the wrong ideology?
Shouldn't it be a freedom-tenet, history-wise?
(Not that it's very important :p )

That was just us Americans, but we bully everyone :D

"Besides the new game mechanics, features and policies there are obviously more civilizations waiting for you in Civ5:BNW. Nine, to be precise; four of which (including a proper "pro"-civ) we may sadly not yet name."

So what would be considered a "pro" civ...?

I took "pro"-civ to mean a civ with a perceived high skill ceiling; difficult to use but very good once you get it.

Honestly, from all the suggestions on the forums, I could see a journalist using this to describe the Inuit due to the inherent difficulty settling in snow and tundra tiles would face.

Top Bottom