[MODMOD] Ideas, requests, proposals

I had a proposal from Ajes:
you said you are working on other modules. any involving corporation?
I would like to see one there helps/boost trades. Maybe call it the seven stars trading company, or something like that, based on Mærsk shipping company and their logo.
I never felt the need of a corporation, but if we can come up with something new and useful, than why not? Honestly I am not really into yet how corporations work but will look after it.
So I am waiting for the opinions&suggestions. Whether it is worth or not doing.

About the logo: I really like it. It is really "Civ-ish" imo.

I like the idea of a modmod with hero-units.
Units that are stronger as the regular units of that period. They are unique and can be rebuit.

I have tried your ancient mod. I think it's unbalanced : you stay too long in the ancient period.
The other two new mods are an improvement of the game i think.

I like the idea of a modmod with hero-units.
Units that are stronger as the regular units of that period. They are unique and can be rebuit.
I am not much interested in such a thing: I think attaching Great Commander to a unit is exactly for this purpose.
I have tried your ancient mod. I think it's unbalanced : you stay too long in the ancient period.
Well that was the goal... but maybe not that long. Do you think reducing tech costs would help?
The other two new mods are an improvement of the game i think.
THX :)

I have several module ideas. Here are two that I want to do next:

Hunter's Tales

I would copy many (but not all!) animal units from C2C, make/copy some buildings and tinker with recon units and myth buildings.
So if anyone has ideas about hunting I'm all ears :)

My other idea is about my older Dinosaurs module.
Recently it is not so interesting imo, so I would like to improve on it.
Besides capturing and butchering dinos I have only one idea. A myth building: Myth of the Dragon. Captured dinos could build it and would grant some military bonus.
But I'd like to hava more features. The goal of this module would be about: "What would life be if mankind coexisted with dinosaurs?"
If anyone has some ideas, please share with me.

This is from my phone (sorry for format/spelling errors).

Several years ago, I made a request to have combat affect the land more. Currently, continued combat in a tile will cause a plume of smoke and some productivity loss. I'd love to see an expansion on this:

- Battles can destroy improvements. Conflicts in a tile have a 5-35% chance of destroying the improvement; each Era adds a 5% chance as tactics become more destructive.

- destroyed cottage and fortress improvements yield ruins. Mines yield collapsed mine (I swear I saw that as an option) and farms can yield base terrain.

- artillery, naval, and air bombardment yield craters (a la civ 3). Craters need to be cleaned (much like fallout), but do not spread or cause unit damage. Instead, they lower hammers, coins, and food by 1 in that tile. They also carry a higher movement penalty.

Thoughts? I think only the craters will seriously require tlc, since they may need their own model. The other stuff is mostly xml, some python, and uses in game models

This is from my phone (sorry for format/spelling errors).

Several years ago, I made a request to have combat affect the land more. Currently, continued combat in a tile will cause a plume of smoke and some productivity loss. I'd love to see an expansion on this:

- Battles can destroy improvements. Conflicts in a tile have a 5-35% chance of destroying the improvement; each Era adds a 5% chance as tactics become more destructive.

- destroyed cottage and fortress improvements yield ruins. Mines yield collapsed mine (I swear I saw that as an option) and farms can yield base terrain.

- artillery, naval, and air bombardment yield craters (a la civ 3). Craters need to be cleaned (much like fallout), but do not spread or cause unit damage. Instead, they lower hammers, coins, and food by 1 in that tile. They also carry a higher movement penalty.

Thoughts? I think only the craters will seriously require tlc, since they may need their own model. The other stuff is mostly xml, some python, and uses in game models

How would you do it with xml? Which files would you modify?
I'm clueless :confused:

How would you do it with xml? Which files would you modify?
I'm clueless :confused:

Well, the xml would be for the icommerce values (at work, and I can't recall the exact entry that modifies yields) to apply after craters were created and to tweak percentage values. My guess would be that a "craters" entry would need to be created in the improvements xml file. It wouldn't need artwork for a button, since workers wouldn't be able to create it.

The rest would be python (I assume). I have no experience with python though, so I wouldn't be able to suggest how to implement these features there. :sad:

Maybe heavy bombardment or fighting can cause an event? e.g. "Recent battles have scarred the land." with one option "craters appear" or (if the tile is on a cottage) "ruins appear." Kinda like how hurricanes are handled? This wouldn't be as dynamic as straight percentage chances of a battle wiping out improvements, but it could work.

I really doubt xml events can do it. Python is needed (at least).

Unfortunately, anything more than xml is beyond my reach.
My knowledge about python is sooooo tiny :sad:

...but will look into the issue. Maybe I can come up with something.

I really doubt xml events can do it. Python is needed (at least).

Hmmm... what about with earthquakes/volcano events? They change cottage improvements into ruins and destroy others. Perhaps that would be a good place to start?

Destroyed improvements -> Ruins is the only xml stuff.
Just look at how towns -> Villages.

None of it is xml event because xml events only trigger at start of turn, except partisans from destroyed cities which is a forced event triggered by python.

Bombardments do not trigger python, so sdk is required.

Battles destroy improvements is the only python doable stuff, excluding withdrawals and interceptions.

Destroyed improvements -> Ruins is the only xml stuff.
Just look at how towns -> Villages.

None of it is xml event because xml events only trigger at start of turn, except partisans from destroyed cities which is a forced event triggered by python.

Bombardments do not trigger python, so sdk is required.

Battles destroy improvements is the only python doable stuff, excluding withdrawals and interceptions.

Good to know! I just tweak my games in the xml files, so I'm not fully versed in its extend.

Say you wanted an event where, after a city was razed, nearby friendly cities would receive a population boost representing refugees. Would that also be a python-forced xml event?

If you look at the event xml file, you won't find any xml tag to just add pop to "nearby" cities.
So it has to be python effects if it has to be triggered by a xml event.

But using python to trigger a xml event where its effect has to be python coded, you might as well use python totally to code it...

I would love a reworked Resource System instead of have/ have not Resources would generate at a certain rate per Turn ( Technological Progress and perhaps more Epxensive Mines would increase that ) , Special Units would then cost some of that resource , some of them would need a supply , so for example Your Tanks would get a movement Penalty if you are running a deficit on Oil.
you could also decide to redirect some of your Resources towards your economy, and offer them up on the world market on a later stage in the game , this could also be combined with a Price mechanic.

I do realize that this would be a gigantic endeavour but it would exponentially increase the tactical depth of the game !

I would love a reworked Resource System instead of have/ have not (...)

Me too (and AFAIK others too) but that is a very hard thing to do as I understand.
Not sure if it is possible at all.

Me too (and AFAIK others too) but that is a very hard thing to do as I understand.
Not sure if it is possible at all.

It Certainly is , but at this point it is obvious that for Civ type game fans Civ 4 is what Sim City 4 was ( until Skylines ) to the city building genre , sort of the gold standard , There was one mod that did it in Civ 5 ( during the time of Vanila ) however the Dev abandoned it , due in part to the impracticality of integrating it in the UI and other problems.

Lets put it like this : It´s more doable than a multi threaded rewrite of the Game Engine ^^

What also would be cool is if we could ad a high altitude recon Airplane into the game for the cold war era of the game !

Essentaily a Unit that allows to do sweeps of enemy lands even when no acces is granted .

Top Bottom