Installation catastrophic failure...please help

airbrnebkr

Chieftain
Hi all. I hope someone can help me out with this. After installing disk 1 a pop up asks me to insert disk two. When I insert disk two I get a windows screen that says what is on this disk and all it shows is a zipfile. I then get the following popup and the setup goes away.

Feature trasfer error
feature: defaultfeature
component:
file:
Error: Catastrophic failure

Even if I just put in disk 2 I get the same windows screen and I am unable to open the zip file. Anyone have any ideas what may be going on. Thanks in advance for your help.
Doug

Halruaa,
It turns out it was a problem with the CD. I took the game back and exchanged it for another copy and it installed just fine and works perfectly.
Good luck,
Doug

I am having the same problem, did the store give you a hard time about returning the disc. I have the exact error you had. Frustrating as all heck.

They didn't give me any trouble at all. I just told them that the game had a defective disk and I would like to exchange for the same game and they said no problem.

Doug

Hey guys, I am having the exact same error.

I exchanged the discs, and still the same error. Any chance that the Best Buy here has a bad batch?

Do you guys think I should just keep exchanging till I get lucky? Heh.

Hello,
I've run into the same error as the rest. Is Airbrnebkr sure it was a faulty disc? Did you do anything else that may have done it?

I ask because GreenAvenger still had the same problem after exchanging.

Has Firaxis or Take 2 made any statements as to there being a known problem with Disc 2 manufacture?

I called Take2 support and they just sent me a pretty general email with a lot of out dated troubleshooting tips. I may call back and try my luck again.

Have you had any luck GreenAvenger. I've seen other threads having the same problem, and they have gotten no answer as well

Oddly enough my bad disk came from Best Buy also. That makes me think they have a run of bad disks. Maybe thats why they can sell them for 39.99 when everyone else charges 50.00. I took mine back to Fred Meyer to exchange it..shhhhhhhhh don't tell on me, but at least the new disks work.

Doug

i'm getting the same error message but in the middle of disc 1 installation...and i didn't buy mine from best buy...but from walmart...
any help on this would be awesome.

I am just thinking we have some bad discs out there. I might try again next week.

So far, no help from tech support.

There are bad discs. I took mine back, and I spent 5 hours playing the tutorial last night. No glitch, no bugs, just fun.

Good luck

Skrap

Top Bottom