Attachments

• PT-76.gif
    PT-76.gif
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,641
  • PT-76.jpg
    PT-76.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 938
More fun with tanks, can't have enough of these, ripp :D :goodjob:

Damn and I just took the USB out of the USB port thinking there would not be anything to DL. :lol: :rolleyes:

amphibious tank :drool: :mischief:

Oh, isn't that nice, another birthday present, from Ripptide no less :)

thanks all )

ozy, I think the one you may be thinking of was the BMD (as opposed to BMP). That one was air-droppable for use with the Russian Airborne forces.

You a birthday boy today Zeek? If so, happy birthday )

Cool :D

Blasted 10 character limit... I try to enter a short and to the point complement and they tell me I can't post it...

MarineCorps said:

Ah -- thanks for the citation. I was close, but no cigar:

"The popular PT-76 chassis has also been modified for use in many subsequently developed vehicles, including the BTR-50P and OT-62 series of APCs, the ZSU-23-4 self-propelled antiaircraft gun, the ASU-85 airborne assault gun [...]"

Also @Ripptide -- And you, my friend, were also correct -- from the same site MarineCorps provided on the BMD-1: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/bmd-1.htm

Best,

Oz

:goodjob: Very nice looking unit ripp.What era is this from.It kinda looks WWII. :hmm:

pretty well yep. I believe development started shortly after WW2 and started service in the mid-50's. Lot of them floating (get it...floating :D gawd I crack me up) around during the Cold War in almost every Russian client state.

ripptide said:
pretty well yep. I believe development started shortly after WW2 and started service in the mid-50's. Lot of them floating (get it...floating :D gawd I crack me up) around during the Cold War in almost every Russian client state.

You're both a creative genius and a comedian. Don't stop making units please. :)

ripptide said:

1952 to be exact.

Top Bottom