The Landsknecht, the Impi, and Improving Poor Germany

Whatever they do, I sincerely hope they do not take out the Landsknecht, but either buff it or make it a UU for the (speculated) Holy Roman Civ.

Their little fluffy hats are just too goodlooking to be removed.

I like the idea of bringing barbarians to your side, it's unique in the game. Converting cheap weak units is not a good trait, though, specially after the expansions.
What if defeating a barbarian camp was like the population ancient ruin?
My two cents:

"Defeating a barbarian camp has 50% chance of increasing the population by 1 in the nearest city and providing 50 gold. +25% production towards land units in every city."

I think BNW's improvement on barbarian spawns is an indirect buff to Germany. They can now get horse and iron units. Nice.

Landsknechte were known for more powerful weapons and their discipline in combat. Regiments of several thousand could be broken into smaller groups, which could win battles against much larger armies.
They should be all about damage and attacking, so I'd give them a free Charge promotion (+25% Combat Strength VS Wounded Units).

Quote: Nazism appeared, convulsed Europe, and then was erased from history all in a little more than twenty years. Beyond its legacy of murder and sadism, it has had almost no impact on human history Quote

Sorry but this is wrong. WW2 was a massive war that changed the world in many ways one of them being that it was harsh enough to make people to stop liking war and actually try to prevent it in the future.

Top Bottom