Unable to create great work of literature

3drawegroeg

Chieftain
My civ has birthed a great writer without a unique name. He's just "great writer". He's also not able to create a great work, only a political treatise. Is there a finite supply of writers/artists/musicians who can make great works? Is this WAD?

Moderator Action: Moved to BNW.

There is a finite supply of Great Works (of each type). Once that supply is exhausted for a particular GWAM, the only options are their other special ability -- political treatise/culture bomb for Great Writers, concert tour for Great Musicians and golden age for Great Artists.

In large map with many civs, we run short of Great Works early. In this case, Great Works are something like wonder for which we have to compete.

By contrast, on a normal size map with default civs; you are unlikely to run out of Great Works. The main limit can be no place to but the work of writing in; and the game will not let you create a work unless there is a place to put it.

The main limit can be no place to but the work of writing in; and the game will not let you create a work unless there is a place to put it.

This can be kind of jarring. With GWAMs you can park them in your city for a few turns while you rush-build or buy an Opera House or whatever else you need, but when you have a archaeology dig, you have to rush-buy a museum that turn, before you resolve the archaeology dialog box, or all you will be able to do is a landmark.

This can be kind of jarring. With GWAMs you can park them in your city for a few turns while you rush-build or buy an Opera House or whatever else you need, but when you have a archaeology dig, you have to rush-buy a museum that turn, before you resolve the archaeology dialog box, or all you will be able to do is a landmark.

Or a massive number of turns if you don't yet have archaeology; but I parked mine on out of the way tiles next to the city so it wouldn't interfere with faith based people.

In fact I decided I didn't mind one of my cities being converted temporarily since that religion had Cathedral and waited to faith buy it before sending my inquisitor to convert it back.

Top Bottom