Greek Allies

brewgod

Prince
I am wondering if I am missing something which I think I am. Does Alexander with Greece get a huge bonus on have CS allies. I swear in my last game when he was spamming cities on my continent left and right he was taking my CS allies from me too. When I bribed them to switch from an ally with Greece back to me....I had to spend almost 3 times the amount I felt I should have too.

Any thoughts?

Brew God

His City state influence decreases at half the rate. So if you're losing 1 influence per turn, he only loses 0.5 per turn.

His AI also likes befriending the city states.

AI civ's don't compete aggressively for CS influence. They just roll over and let the player buy out all the CS's they please. That they don't do so is the flipside of AI cheating: in both cases, their behavior is a mask for the failings of the game. They don't want a civ that sits on five-digit piles of gold to simply buy the diplo victory, so having them simply fail to do even when they can is their solution. That even holds true of Alex, but he does try harder. He certainly always goes Patronage, which compliments his UA.

The AI is also kind of weak about attempting coups with spies as well. When G&K first came out, they were ga-ga about launching coups. Folks complained, devs nerfed, so it became another area where the AI just doesn't play to win as aggressively as a player can.

well... yes he have great bonus... decreasing half rate...
plus he always open patronage, for what I know at least...
So I guess whatever you usualy easily succeed to do in your usual games can be a bit harder to achieve in a game with Alex...

Had that problem with this MF a few time myself... Its usualy solvable if you put a bit of efforts tho...

AI civ's don't compete aggressively for CS influence.

They don't do everything in their power, no, but some AIs (like Greece) definitely go after City States reasonably aggressively. And like you said, that's primarily because with the advantages a Deity AI gets they'd be guaranteed to own all the city states.

Top Bottom