Windows Remote Desktop

AlcatrazUK

Chieftain
Not sure if anyone can help with this, but here we go.

I have a custom built PC in my bedroom that run Civ perfectly at max settings. The downside is, sometimes I'd like to be able to play from the sofa, or in bed on a Sunday morning.

I'm debating buying a cheap laptop or touchscreen tablet for that purpose, but am guessing unless I fork out a lot of cash, Civ will be unbearable.

Does anyone know if I can log into my desktop PC via Windows Remote Desktop to play Civ, and if so, will that allow me to run Civ using the spec of my PC rather than laptop?

Probably cheaper to get a large screen TV in the bedroom, and a wireless mouse and keyboard.

There are better solutions, e.g. Splashtop. You could also use a smartphone with it, if the small screen size doesn't bother you.
http://www.splashtop.com/personal

Thanks guys. Timtofly, I thought about it. I have a giant screen already but it's mainly for lounge playing.

Janskey, I'll look into Splashtop now.

On an aside - I spoke to Microsoft who said it should work but there might be a slight lag. Not a major issue now BNW has turn based war in multiplayer and I don't have to worry about shift clicking.

Top Bottom