Paradox Interactive games

Believe me after my first two miserable games I finally started figuring it out and am trying to recreate dells old competition for AAR writing. but now I am sucked in and am thinking about buying Doomsday or victoria... i already have crusader kings its fun.

Oh yea HOI the original is pretty easy to learn and you can get it for under 10 dollars

I found a second hand copy of Europa Universalis 2 for £4 yesterday. First time I saw it for sale ever. Before then, I saw Hearts of Iron II second hand once about a year ago.

PrinceScamp said:
I STILL can't log in on their forums, what the hecK? I'll look into it mroe tomorrow.
Have you found out what was wrong? Because I have the exact same problem!

Do you still have some problems? I can log in..:mischief:

And I'd probably recommend EU 1, as EU 2 (especially patched) can be a bit overwhelming when it comes to trade etc..

When it comes to modding - you can mod most things :)
Also, mods resolve most problems original games have..

PrinceScamp said:
I still cannot post on the forums. When I click contact admin it automaticaly goes to Opera mail so it asks me to make an account, which means I can't get the e-mail address.

Surely when it opens your mail client it gives you an email address?

I love this games, best gaming company in the world for me, keep talking with the fans in the paradox forum, posting developement diaries for EUIII every week etc etc.

I have EU2 HOI2 + DD and Vicky:R.

I am planing to do an Victoria Revolutions AAR with Prussia and post it in this forum :D

Dell19 said:
Technically EU2 isn't that complex. Its possible to go several years without doing anything although there are key points that are not obvious to begin with like:

-Sending merchants is pretty much pointless.
-Try and always maximise research.
-Raising war taxes or hiring mercenaries should be a last resort.
-Loans are evil
-Concentrate solely on infrastructure and military research even if you are a naval power
-Use the religion sliders
-Stability doesn't matter that much. If its a choice between losing innovation or stability, choose stability.
-Just because the AI has armies of 60k doesn't mean that you should
-Sieges win wars, not battles.
-Care about province attrition. If the province can only support 10k troops then don't place more troops in the province unless you have to.
-Let the AI overload a province with armies well over the support limit and watch them gradually die. Especially applicable when playing in northern Europe in the winter months.
-Playing in Russia has additional rules where you should try to start sieges when the snow disappears and have small reinforcement armies ready to maintain sieges if they last into winter.
-Navies are primarily for transport and then blockading and then speeding up sieges.
-Keep an eye on the bad boy rating.
-Try not to declare war without a casus belli especially if you are going to be annexing a one province minor nation.
-Get familiar with the different information screens
-Feel free to reduce military spending and naval spending to 50% when not at war to save money.
-Crushing victories can be gained if you have leaders, your army is in favourable terrain or you outnumber the enemy.
-There are historical events in the game that need to be taken into account. For instance if you want to maintain Aragon independence then don't accept the marriage with Isabelle.

Well Dell, you seem to not know the power of Trade in Eu2. Sending merchants after you get trade 4 is pretty much you biggest income source ;).

deo said:
Well Dell, you seem to not know the power of Trade in Eu2. Sending merchants after you get trade 4 is pretty much you biggest income source ;).

The biggest source of income is owning large provinces that may happen to have trade centres. :p

If the Ottomans are very weak then it is nice to grab Alexandria.

Kan, check out paradox entertainment forums. It has lots of AARs, for example a hilarious someones Switzerland "Liberate London" AAR.

Hah! I remember that AAR, the guy conquered london with the swiss... but I know one that conquered the world with Tibet, Krakow and some other Uncivilized nations ;)

BTW, how about posting you Empires in different paradox games... I remember one of my first Eu2 AGCEEP games was this:

this is right after diplo anexing Spain and now I have an Army bigger than the whole Europe has... I also own half of the Americas now :D, Could have done much better...

EDIT: How quickly empires fall :

Its the same game and Poland is an one province state since 1680 or so...

Hitti-Litti said:
Kan, check out paradox entertainment forums. It has lots of AARs, for example a hilarious someones Switzerland "Liberate London" AAR.

:) I used to go there regularly to read the AAR's, but less in recent times. I do keep up with the British Co-operative AAR, which I believe has 2'300 pages and is only at 1937 :lol:

Thats pretty much the biggest empire that I have had although I tend to get bored once I have conquered a couple of real life countries. Played Russia until I reached China and I guess that could have been an even larger empire but I don't have screenshots.

Top Bottom