Dwarf Fortress

Almost every magma vent or volcano I've had in mountainous region is partially in a cave.

Yeah the names occasionally give me a chuckle. I mean, Continents of Drowning?

Ast Rathatåth, Soap maker has created èriththan Ulolnol, a Flint bed.:crazyeye:

What happens to a hydra arriving to a fortress that doesn't yet have working military?
Spoiler :
It ends up wrestling 15 dwarves until it faints from exhaustion, and then gets chopped to bits by the woodcutters.

My currents fortress, cheated for better starting stuff, only because I am showing the game to someone, is pretty boring. I hate having everything I need. It makes the game dull. That is why my proficient at every skill starter dwarves will be thrown from the top of a gold pier off a cliff.

*note I brought like 300 gold bars with me just in case. ;)

My next serious non cheat fortress I will attempt my first theme. Some form of Temple for a God.

My currents fortress, cheated for better starting stuff, only because I am showing the game to someone, is pretty boring. I hate having everything I need. It makes the game dull. That is why my proficient at every skill starter dwarves will be thrown from the top of a gold pier off a cliff.

*note I brought like 300 gold bars with me just in case. ;)

My next serious non cheat fortress I will attempt my first theme. Some form of Temple for a God.

Ah themes. The fortress that was visited by the hydra has everything built from glass. Later on I will replace the stone walls with glass blocks ones.

Do you guys want to do a succession game sometime. I might not be the best or know how to make freezing chambers to kill invading enemies. But if we fail it is all apart of the game.

@PS: Yes you can force them off a cliff. I wish I could get a moat of molten gold. That would be awesome.

EDIT:

The entrance to my cheat fortress. Having super dwarves is kind of awesome now that I think about it. They engrave so fast they can finish the entrance while eating. The engravings are of dwarves traveling and then getting into a battle with horses. This is my temprorary entrance until I build my peasent village in the flat land in front of my fortress. With a massive wall around it all. This is the future capital of Dwarf kind after all.

Awesome, freeze chambers :evil:

How do you make dwarves fall off a cliff?

Also what cheat program did you use?

T Search or something. On the DF Wiki there is a section on memory hacking. I only used it to edit my starting points. Nothing else.

Fortress Update:

The egg room is the new dining hall because my first immigrants came and want these tables and luxuries. I am thinking of making the end of the hall way into some sort of hammer shaped tower or something. Not sure yet.

That freezing trick is awesome. What happens when the goblins thaw?

By the way my fortresses main export is windows [Not the microsoft kind obviously]. I have yet to make a single piece of stone furniture. It's fun to set your own goals since the game really has no specific goal.

That freezing trick is awesome. What happens when the goblins thaw?

By the way my fortresses main export is windows [Not the microsoft kind obviously]. I have yet to make a single piece of stone furniture. It's fun to set your own goals since the game really has no specific goal.

They all die instantly. Then you have to mine out the ice and remove the bodies and then you are reset.

Out of all my fortress attempts I have never made a metal forge work. I just started my first one. Time to make gold and platinum everything. My entire dining hall is engraved with masterpieces. :lol:

EDIT: Now making a large mayor residence near the back of my fortress. With two large golden statues next to the door and on the inside I will place various platinum decorations.

Do you guys want to do a succession game sometime.

Croxis, Vbraun, SL, GB(?), and myself (or basically the #CivFanatics chatroom crew) was planning on doing a type of GOTM style thing with DF. We were planning on all just starting at the exact same location and then comparing fortress's at a later point.

We never really ended up going through with it though.

Croxis, Vbraun, SL, GB(?), and myself (or basically the #CivFanatics chatroom crew) was planning on doing a type of GOTM style thing with DF. We were planning on all just starting at the exact same location and then comparing fortress's at a later point.

Lets do it. That would be pretty cool and show how different fortresses can be.

My future Mayor is keeping his pet dog in a gold cage.

I'd be up for that.

Top Bottom